chapter 10

Ronan

I still couldn't believe it. How everything changed in such a short period of time.

I have a 15 year old.

I still hadn't told anyone about her. I would have to tell my family soon. I couldn't hide it from them no matter how much I wanted to.

If I could keep her safe from my world, then I would in a heartbeat. But given she's my blood, she was born into it.

My family was tied with the Italian mafia. Granted we don't participate in it, we are still considered close allies. My family remains back in Italy, where they are protected within it.

I live in Chicago, in close ally with the underboss. In Chicago, theres only a small group of us. We have a small circle that ensures everything runs smoothly.

Why were we all so successful? Each of us played an important role in the empire. Not only that, but each of us possess a specific set of highly specialized skills. For starters, each of us each have a high IQ. 145 and higher.

Our small circle played a role in making sure everything was smooth. They became my closest people I trust, and I wouldn't change it.

I would have to tell them about her. I wasn't sure how they'd react. Having a kid was a huge liability.

I would never want to put her life at risk.

If anything happens to her, I don't know what Id do.

After a long evening, I figured it was time to head to bed.

I was making my way to my room, when I stoped at her door. I looked in, and saw she was sleeping wrapped in the blankets. Hopefully the medicine would begin to work soon.

I closed the door slightly and made my way to my room.

I took a quick shower and jumped into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I got up and brushed my teeth. I kept on my grey sweats and threw on a white shirt. I made my way down the hall and stopped by her room. The door was still open and I saw she was still sleeping soundly.

I went to the kitchen and decided to make breakfast. As I was taking a mug out the cabinet, the elevator dinged, indicating someone was coming up.

No surprise there. My whole circle lived within close proximity of each other. We'd all hangout together often, and therefore show up to each others places uninvited.

Like now.

I turned around and saw three familiar faces. Alex, Grey & Luca. All three of them walked in with hungover expressions on their faces.

I knew they went out last night. They had asked me to join them, but given the circumstances, I told them to go without me.

Each of them had their own personalities. However, all of them were extremely intelligent. Alex was 6'3 with broad shoulders and an athletic build. He was the head of operations in the mafia. He was on the goofier side, but could be serious when needed.

Grey was the opposite. He too possessed broad shoulders and a built figure, but he was the more quieter one out of all. Deep down, he was fighting demons. He never showed it, but it could come out. But don't let that fool you. He too was a board certified trauma surgeon. His skills made every single hospital consistently beg him to work for them.

Of course he declined, deeming his loyalty to the mafia.

Lastly, there was Luca. The baby of the bunch. He was tall just like the others and more innocent than the rest. He had a jokey personality and made everything light.

Deep down, I was nervous to tell them my secret. But I knew in a heartbeat, each of them would lay down their life for her.

That's brotherhood.

A/N: hiii hope you enjoying so far! :)

Here are some face claims! :) note: pictures ARE NOT mine ! taken from Pinterest !

Charlotte

Ronan

Grey

Alex

Alex

Luca

Luca