chapter 12

I continued to make breakfast and serve them. After, I gave them each a glass of water mixed with Liquid IV- to help subsidize their hangovers. Grey wasn't as bad as the other two. Whenever he went out, he never got shitfaced. He was the usual calculated one.

It was 9:30, which meant Charlotte had already been sleeping for about 12 hours now. I figured I should go check on her. I left the boys in the kitchen and grabbed a plate with some eggs and fruit and made my way to her room. I knocked, and after hearing nothing, I endured quietly.

She was still wrapped up in the sheets. I turned on the lamp beside her and sat down next to her.

I placed my hand on her forehead, feeling he temperature.

It was even higher than before.

Fuck.

I gently rubbed her arm and tried to wake her up. I noticed that her skin was very red. Her eyes slowly fluttered opened, and soon tears were present.

"My skin feels like it's on fire" she told me in a raspy voice.

I grabbed her arms and gently rolled up her sleeves. Her skin was beyond red. I pushed back the blanket and lifted up her shirt, and saw her stomach matched the same color.

I shook my head. "You're having an allergic reaction to the medication." I told her, upset.

I sighed and called for Grey. Within seconds, he entered the room.

She looked confused as to who he was, but didn't say anything. I feared it was because she was feeling worse.

"I need you to go downstairs and get me an antihistamine medication, pediatric dosage." I told him.

He wasted no time in running down to the medical level and grabbing the medicine. Within 10 minutes, he was back.

In his hand were the syringe and the medication. Before he dosed it out, he looked to me. "How much does she weigh" he asked.

"Not more than a hundred pounds" I told him. He asked as the dosage would be dependent on her weight.

He dosed it out and handed it to me. I gave it to her and put the syringe on the bedside table.

Grey had left the room and went back in the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"I've never been worse" she replied.

"Do you want to try eating something?"

"My throat still hurts so much" she got out. Her body still looked extremely pale.

"I need to take you back to the medical wing to check you out again."

She shook her head. "I told you I don't like doctors or anything medical" she whined out

"I'm not going to hurt you" I told her trying to gain some trust.

She finally gave in.

I helped her up. She went to the bathroom to freshen up and I waited outside in the kitchen with the boys.