chapter 47

Ronan

I scoffed. You thought I was joking? Don't be silly.

My brothers and I currently sat in a booth parallel to Charlotte's. There was a divider between us, so she wasn't able to see us.

I sat back in my cool dad pose, and analyzed the kid. He looked decent.

Somewhat tall and lanky, but okay I guess. And that was being generous.

If you expected me to immediately like any guy my daughter brought home to me- you'd be mistaken. He'd definitely have to go through some tests of approval prior to being accepted.

By the looks of things, everything was going well. It was a couple of kids with them, but I could see this "boy" continuously staring at her.

What scared me was I was a boy once too. I knew how they thought.

I let out a chuckle. As if he could get far anyway. I'm in the fucking mafia. The little shit wouldn't have a chance.

My older brother looked to me. "Relax, she's having fun. She won't stop laughing and she's finally making friends. Leave her" he told
Me with a fake stern look.

My other brother, Rehan, shook his head and gave a grumpy look as well. "Nah, I don't like it. Say the word Ro and we'll have him handled in no time"

I pointed a thumb to Rehan and looked to my oldest brother. "Im with him" I told them seriously.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Relax. Stop being a cave man. If he hurts her there's not a corner he can run and hide and we won't find him." He said confidently.

"You got that right."

"Amen"

I chuckled out. I knew they had my back. And most importantly they'd do anything for my daughter.

Before I knew it I saw Charlotte raise from her seat, her brown hair visible over the divider.

"Shit. Fuck. She's coming our way." Rehan announced in a panicked voice. Each of us took a menu and attempted to cover our face with it. But of course, we got caught.

The sound of laughter filled my ears. "Dad, uncles, what are you doing here?" She said as she couldn't control her laughter. To be fair- we were all 6 foot 4+ men trying to hide ourselves with tiny ass menus that was smaller than my hand.

"We- I- Uh-" I stuttered out as I tried to figure out what to say.

"You dad was just craving some Italian food because he had diarrhea earlier today so to make him feel better, we came here to get his favorite" Rehan blurted out.

I rolled my eyes. Seriously?

If her face wasn't red before, it definitely was now. She couldn't stop laughing- making both her uncles laugh more.

"I- yes, that's what happened" I said in an annoyed tone.

All three of them were gaining the attention of everyone around them with how hard they were laughing. By now, she had tears in her eyes from laughing so hard.

"How's your dinner with friends going?" I asked her with a small smile.

"Really well. They're all super nice! And coincidently they all live near Chicago too! They are family friends from Champaign and come down here every summer. We made plans to hang when we get back too!"

I smiled. I was happy she was making friends now.

"Alright, well go have fun. Don't forget to keep us updated." I told her as I have her a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you, and will do"

I smiled and nodded.

"Oh and dad?"

"Mhm?"

"I knew you don't like Italian. Thanks for looking out for me" she said with a smile.

"Always" I laughed out.

A/N hi! Hope you're enjoying! :) incase you missed it, Grey's book is officially up!

Only a few more chapters left of this book! But don't worry! It won't be the last time you'll be seeing these characters! :)

As always be sure to vote and comment! :) I enjoy the support! :)