chapter 45

Charlotte
It was our first full day here in North Carolina, and I was absorbing it all.

This morning, all the guys went for a morning swim when the sun began to rise. It was then decided that the girls would do their own thing, and explore without them. Nearby there was a small town with quaint little shops. The three of us decided to stop by the local coffee shop and then visit some of the stores.

We were currently walking down the walkway, coffees in each of our hands, as we talked and spent time together.

"So Char, how was this school year?" Anyone you might have your eyes one?" she asked me with a small smile and little movement of her shoulders.

A chuckle escaped me as I shook my head. "No not yet. I still don't really know anyone because I started so late" I explained to her.

"Hmm well you never know, make sure to keep your eyes peeled." she smiled.

My grandma scoffed with a small smile. "Please, with all the intimidating, broody and protective men around us-I doubt any boy could look at her without a glare." she said seriously.

"Oh please, they already had their fair share of scaring away men when I was a teenager- hell they still do it even though I have a boyfriend." she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Well yes, because you're the only girl, hun. You know the Astor men are protective over the women in their family."

"Oh trust me I know, I won't forget the time we had to bail Rehan out of jail in Mexico because he beat a guy up for trying to ask me out" she said seriously.

My grandma and I chuckled. "He probably deserved it" she muttered.

We visited a couple of the local shops as we continued to chat and get to know each other more. A few hours later, we each held a couple bags in our hands.

I got a few small trinkets to remember this vacation. They included a small bracelet, a sweater, and a little keychain that had "OBX" written on it with a picture of a small beach.

By the time we made it back, it was around lunch time. We walked in and saw all the guys sitting by the back porch grilling and drinking.

"Holaa, did u guys have fun without us?" Uncle Rehan asked as he sat lazily in one of the lounge chairs, sipping on a beer, looking relaxed.

"We sure did."

My dad stood up from his chair and made his way over to me. He leaned down a little and gave me a small kiss on my head. "How was your time, sweetheart?"

I smiled. "It was really nice. We visited all the little shops and I got a couple of things" I told him happily.

He nodded, satisfied. "That sounds great."

"You guys should wash up. The food should be ready soon". Grandpa told us. We all nodded and did as told.

Lunch was relaxing. We all ate outside and had a fantastic view of the ocean. I felt surreal.

As predicted, when we were all finished eating we headed down to the beach for a quick swim. I grabbed a book, and made my way to one of the lounge chairs to sit and read as I tanned a little. Aunt Reyna did the same and laid right next to me.

The guys were playing volleyball at the net near us while we relaxed. Grandma said she wanted to bake a little and she'd join us after.

The beach began to get packed in no time. Even tho we had a private beach, there were still entrances for the public, making it crowded in no time.

I laid for a little and read my book, until a soccer ball kicking my chair brought me out of my trance.

I sat up and looked around as I grabbed the ball- trying to see who it belonged to. Before I knew it, a tall figure was making his way towards me.

Holy shit.

He was beautiful.

He looked skinny, but tall and young. He had gorgeous olive skin with dark brown hair.

The guy made his way toward me and spoke. "Sorry about the ball hitting you" he apologized. I handed it to him.

"That's no problem" I replied softly.

"hey I haven't seen you around here. Are you visiting?" he asked me curiously.

I nodded. "Yeah I'm here with my family, how about you?"

"Same. We come here every summer and spend a couple months"

"That's cool"

"What's your name? I'm Landon" he said as he held out his hand for me to shake.

"Charlotte" I told him with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you Char. We should hangout some time" he said with a small wink as he bid me goodbye and made his way back to his friends.

"Definitely" I muttered to myself.