chapter 50

"......Happy Birthday to you"

Everyone sang before I blew out my candles. A chorus of cheers and claps followed right after.

"Yay!"

I smiled and looked around me, grateful for the village I have.

My dad approached me and handed me a small pink box.

"Happy Birthday Char." he said with a small smile.

I took it from him and gave him a hug. "Thank you dad."

"Open it." He said, smiling suspiciously.

I did so in front of everyone. As I lifted the cover of the box, a large gasp escaped me.

"No way." I said in shock

Inside was a small key.

He nodded and kept on smiling. "Yes, way. Why don't we take a trip downstairs real quick?"

"Holy shit." I said, still astounded. He grabbed my hand and a ton of us filled the elevator. Within seconds we were on the ground level and before my brain could even process, I was running towards the big doors that led outside.

I gasped. Siting in front of me was a white Mercedes benz AMG C- class sedan with a dark red bow on top. I was in complete shock.

"Tell me I'm dreaming."

"For sure you aren't"

I ran over to my dad and gave him a big hug. I started to sob onto his dress shirt. "Thank you so much dad." I cried into him.

He kissed my on the crown of my head. "Of course peanut." he said with a tiny smile.

I went back to the car and looked to it as if I couldn't believe it was in front of me.

"Looks like we have to have some driving lessons Char." Uncle Greg said as he smiled to me.

"And then we can race." I told him confidently, smiling to him.

"Okay fast and furious, take it easy. Let's take some baby steps first." My dad told us.

I was beyond grateful for my family.

the end.

(well not really ! :))
...

A/N

To all my readers,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so so much for all your support on "Grateful." I couldn't have done it without you. I appreciate every vote and comment made towards this story.

I cannot thank you enough for all your support.

Don't be sad ! You'll still see more of Charlotte and Ronan in Grey's story "Serenity".

Incase you missed it, it's out now! Be sure to check it out on my page :).

I appreciate all of you. Thank you for sticking by my through this journey. I will forever be grateful for each and every single one of you!

Thank you🤍

-Alayna