chapter 43

Summer was going well. Although I enjoyed going to school, I was grateful for the break. I often spent the days reading, binge watching shows, and even writing when I wasn't shadowing my dad.

I was currently packing my suitcase for our vacation we'd be taking. My grandma insisted we all go on a family vacation, so she planned an extravagant trip to the Outer-banks in North Carolina. I was super excited.

Partially because it happened to be my favorite show on Netflix, but also because I was happy to be near the beach. Living in Chicago, the most we got access too was the lake. I was excited to see the beachside.

I packed a variety of bathing suits, sundresses, shorts and tank tops. It would be hot, so I wanted to make sure I packed for the weather. I added a few sunglasses and toiletries and I was set to go.

My dad of course waited last minute to pack. He just threw in a bunch of random shorts and tees and zipped up his suitcase.

I could never understand that. Men are so different.

Soon, my dad loaded up our suitcases in the back of a 2023 Black Escalade and Edward, our driver, made his way to the airport.

I was so excited. The first family vacation since I'd joined them.

As we drove onto the tarmac, my mouth dropped. I thought we'd be taking a regular commercial plane. I was wrong.

In front of me was a while private jet with an opening by the stairs. I looked to my dad in awe. "Holy shit, is this our ride?" I asked him, in complete shock.

He smiled and nodded. "Yep. This is the family jet, only used for important things of course." He quipped.

Another black Escalade pulled up beside us, and as the doors opened, I saw my dad's family pile out. Everyone was dressed for tropical weather, with sunglasses and slippers.

We all got out and my dad and uncles started to pull the luggage out of the car and hand it to the stewardess to put on the plane.

"Whose ready to party?" my Uncle Rehan shouted out with his arms in the air. I laughed.

As we all entered the jet and took our seats, my dad's brother stood up with a glass of whiskey and began to speak, playfully.

"Welcome to Astor Airlines, where you're guaranteed the best service in the air. Please sit back, relax and enjoy your flight. Thanks for flying with us. Be sure to rate us on google and yelp. Oh and before I forget, we are accepting applications for the mile high club" Uncle Rehan added at the end, making us all laugh. As he said the last part, my dad hit him in the head playfully.

"Sit down before I induct you to the dumbass club" my grandpa spoke out.

"Hello Astors, this is your captain speaking. The duration of the flight should last around 2 hours. Please sit back and buckle up, as we are about to take off now. Thank you for flying with us, and we hope you enjoy your flight." the captain spoke over the intercom.

Rehan scoffed. "Pshh I did it better" he joked out.

"Yeah, okay." My dad spoke as he rolled his eyes.

"Children, stop fighting. From now on, this is a no fight zone. If you fight I'm going to make sure you stay home and miss out on the fun activities I have planned." My grandma said in a serious tone as she looked to my dad and his siblings.

A chuckle escaped me. "You better listen" I smiled out.

This was going to be a fun vacation. I couldn't wait!

A/N don't forget to vote & comment ! :) I appreciate them all! <3