chapter 31

A/N Extra long bonus chapter today :) enjoy!

Charlotte

I was excited to get to spend time with my grandparents. A little part of me felt sad that me nana wasn't here with me anymore, but I knew she'd be watching over us from heaven, happy that someone else is filling her role. She may be gone, but she's never forgotten.

Aliya, my dad's mom, is absolutely beautiful. She doesn't look like she has older children. Her smile was absolute warm and comforting. My grandpa was on the quieter side. I suppose it was because he was still struggling with the fact that he had a granddaughter. He didn't seem to show much emotion.

I didn't mind though. It must've been just a shock for them as it was for me. They can take all the time they need.

Grandma Aliya began to cook in the kitchen. I sat down at the barstool while I watched her cook like a professional.

"I'm making some chicken soup and some homemade bread for this disastrous weather" she told me with a smile.

"That sounds lovely" I smiled back to her.

The weather these days had been extremely stormy with a side of chills. It was intense, but deep down, it was my favorite weather.

I looked over next to me where my grandpa sat on the counter on his laptop, doing work. He too looked very young for his age. Good genes must run in the family.

"Can you guys tell me about my dad and what he was like growing up?" I asked them inquisitively.

My grandma smiled. "Your father was the troublemaker. As the youngest, he got away with any and everything." She laughed out.

"He was also too smart for his own good. Graduated very early and became a doctor at such a young age." She continued on.

I looked down for a second. "Did you guys ever meet my mom?" I asked her softly.

She looked up to me with sadness in her eyes. "Oh sweetheart, we did. She was an absolute angel. She and your dad had been friends since they were children. The sweetest soul." She said with tears in her eyes.

"A part of me is mad at her from hiding you from us, but as a mother, I probably would've done the same. We all want what's best for our children. She did what she thought was best for you, and I can never blame her for that." she said softly.

"I'm so glad you're here now." She said as she hugged me, in a motherly way. Tears started to flow from my eyes. It felt amazing. I hugged her back as I inhaled her scent.

She pulled away from me and held my face gently in her hand. She looked at me with so much adoration. "I'm so happy you're here, my love."

"Me too" I told her as I smiled with tears in my eyes.

Soon, the soup was finished and it was time to eat dinner. I helped her set the dinner table, which overlooked the rainy city view. She brought the loaf of bread with some butter, and placed it on the table.

We all sat down and she served us each. As soon as it hit my mouth, the flavors melted on my tongue. She was an amazing cook.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you, sweetheart."

Soon after, we were all finished. We helped her cleaned up and each of us resumed a separate activity. Grandma Aliya said she was going to take a shower and call it a night because she had a bad headache. We both bid her goodbye and sat on the couch.

My grandpa was still doing work on his laptop. Both of us changed into comfy clothes. I sat on the couch with him in silence, until I finally gave in and started a conversation.

"How are you doing? I asked him softly. He looked up to me. "I'm good, how about you? Adjusting accordingly?" he asked as he looked up to me.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"That's good." and suddenly he sighed and closed his laptop and threw it on the sofa. He then turned all of his attention to me.

"How are you liking the city so far?" He asked as he watched the rain fall outside.

"I love it. Where I used to live was much quieter, but I like the excitement the city has to offer." I told him honestly.

"Agreed"

"Tell me about yourself" I probed.

"Well, I'm the head of an international investment company in many different countries. Thats why I was on my laptop" he laughed out. "When you're away, things always seem to go wrong" he shook his head.

"I'm sorry to hear that, is everything okay now?"

"Yep for sure."

"Good" I smiled.

"I can see you want to ask me something, but you're nervous to. You can ask me, it's okay" he smiled out as he leaned back on the couch.

"Are you okay with me being here?" I asked him honestly. I was super anxious around him because I wasn't sure how he felt.

His face softened immediately and he immediately looked concerned. "Of course sweetheart. Im sorry if you ever felt that way. If I'm being honest, I was just sad that we lost the first 15 years with you hun." He said solemnly.

I went over to him and hugged him. "Im glad." I breathed into him.

"Good, now that we're on the same page, let's watch a movie!" He smiled out.

We opted for Fast and Furious- my favorite. Soon, I was falling asleep as I laid my head down on the couch. Within seconds, my eyes closed with my grandpa running his fingers through my hair.

I found my home again. <3