chapter 49

Charlotte

Internally, I was screaming. I knew he was going to give some protective speech, but I'm happy it went better than I thought it would.

We ended up going for ice cream and like a gentleman- he paid for me. He had be back home before 10 and bid me a goodbye.

My dad was sitting on the sofa on his phone when I came in. He sat up and motioned for me to sit next to him.

"How was it?" He asked me curiously.

"It was fun." I smiled. "I'm glad you like him."

"He seems like a great kid. But I'm your father, it's my job to be overprotective over you." He smiled out.

"No doubt about it." I chuckled.

He looked at me for a second with admiration and pulled me into a hug. "A couple of months ago, I couldn't ever fathom being a father. I could barely take care of myself but I've proven otherwise. From the minute I got that blood test back, I couldn't explain how I felt. Nervousness was one feeling, but love and happiness overpowered that. It was in that moment I knew that I'd do anything for you. I'm beyond grateful for you, Char. You're such an amazing daughter and I'm so happy you're here." He said, getting choked up.

"I know you're growing up and now may potentially have your eye on someone, but just know I'll always be there for you. When everything get tough, know you can lean on me. If you're ever in a sticky situation, you know you can always call me." he continued on.

"And if you and I need to key some cars or flatten some tires, know that in that moment, I'll be there with you. I want you to know that you'll always have me, no matter what" he said, tears falling down his eyes.

I started to sob.

I leaned into him and hugged him. No words could explain this moment. Feelings on love and safety flodded through me. Nothing could ruin it.

"I love you dad. And know that you'll always be my safe place." I sobbed into him.

He gave me a kiss on my head. "I love you too Lulu."

There was only one other word that could explain how I felt right now.

Grateful.

...

"ITS PARTY TIME BITCHES!" Uncle Rehan screamed throughout the whole apartment.

It was my birthday, and my family surprised me with a birthday party. For weeks my family and uncles pestered me about what I wanted.

But I already had everything I needed.

My family.

My aunt and grandma planned the whole thing. From the decorations to the food and my friends- they had it all covered.

It was magical. I'd never had a grand party like this. But being the only granddaughter, they had to go all out.

Different shades of pink streamers and other various decorations covered the ceilings and railings. A variety of foods and desserts lined the wooden table, and to the side, was a two-tier birthday cake.

When my dad heard I'd never had a birthday party before, he insisted we'd go the full nine yards.

Everyone who was important to me was here. From my friends to my family from across the world, to a table with two picture frames on it.

One picture frame had my grandma and the other had my mom. My aunt added it and when I saw it, I began to cry. I was so thankful she included a piece of them to be here for this special day.

I was even dressed for the occasion. I had a long sleeve, light pink dress that was fitted. I had white heels and my long brown hair tied in the back with a bow.

It couldn't have been more perfect.

I stood by the beginning of the room, and watched everyone have a great time.

I wiped away a few stray tears. I couldn't believe this was my life now.