chapter 44

The house was a 3 story mansion right on the beach. It was absolutely gorgeous. I've only been to the beach one other time in my life- when my grandma took me to the west coast once.

By the time we got there, the sun was already setting.

It felt like a dream. The beautiful sky and sunset as it reflected on the water looked like it came out of a painting. It felt surreal.

My dad agreed that we could go for a night swim after we eat dinner. Since we didn't have time to get groceries, my dad ended up ordering Italian for us to have. We all sat on the patio and ate our dinner.

Soon, we were all in our bathing suits and headed towards the beach. My dad and grandpa sat down near some lounge chairs, discussing business.

"Pssss, hey Char." My uncle whispered to me quietly.

"What's up?" I asked curiously.

"How about we prank your dad? he said with an evil smirk. In his hand were two water guns, both already filled with water.

"Oh my gosh" l laughed out. "He's gonna kill us" I smiled.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. He needs to learn to loosen up a little"

"Im in"

His evil smirk only got bigger. "Ok so here's the plan. We both sneak up behind him at the same
time and attack"

I nodded. "Let's do it" I smiled. And soon we were both sneaking up on my dad and grandpa.

Both of us tiptoed toward their chairs from behind. My uncle gave a silent "1,2,3" before my dad spoke out, causing us to hault.

"You know we can hear you," my dad said, not facing us.

"ATTACK" Uncle Rehan screamed

And soon both of us were squirting both my dad and my grandpa with the water guns. Both of us couldn't stop laughing. My grandpa seemed upset at first, but then cracked a smile as soon as he saw us both.

My dad on the other hand, looked pissed. "Seriously?" he said, annoyed.

"You were looking a bit hot so we had to cool you down." His brother laughed out.

"It's nighttime idiot" he muttered as he wiped traces of water away from his face.

As soon as he saw the smile on my face, his facade faltered and he soon cracked a smile.

"Watch your back, the game is on" he smiled out.

"Bring it on, looser"

My dad thought for a second, and then immediately got up and tackled his brother down, and then dragged him to the ocean.

The entire time all of us couldn't stop laughing. My dad had him in a headlock until he begged for him to let go, making us crack up so hard, I'm pretty sure tears were leaking from my eyes.

I sat back for a minute as I watched the scene in front of me. Never in a million years did I think I'd end up here, with a whole family. That only shows you to be prepared for where life takes you.

And I wouldn't change it for a thing.