The Cooler One

Hot N cold rock version- Katy Perry

Your pov

Steve dropped me off, i handed him the helmet and fixed my hair before putting my hood and dark purple mask back on. The preserves sat inside a tall stone fixed building, the stones stacked on top of each other and ended in glass on top as a roof shaped as dome. The afternoon sun was shining, i didn't notice how many hours it had already been. I stepped up to the entrance and knocked on the door. An older witch with blue hair answered,she adjusted her glasses to see me. I continued my rehearsed lines that i was familiar with using. I showed her my coven sigil and informed, "Hello mamm' Im the Amethyst Guard and am here on abode with Emperor Belos. he's requested more palistram wood and palismen." I said, more of an order than anything.

"Im sorry, but the wood is being over harvested. I cannot supply you with this." She responded, her hands shaky as she shook her head. I paused thinking of what to say; i couldn't go back empty handed.

"is there any you can spare mamm?" I asked keeping my voice warm.

She paused, "What does he want them for? what could the emperor possibly want or need this many palismen and palistram wood for?"

I corrected her, "its confidential business mamm. I cannot tell you. All you must know is that the Emperor desires it for everyones weller being. Now..." I paused, "is there any you can spare, any at all to help?" I asked again, keeping my stance non threatening and my voice welcoming.

She pondered for a moment and then nodded, "yes... i suppose there is. Follow me," She said as she walked shakily, she was in her late what looked to be sixties as she led me through the doors. Inside the building the stone walls felt like they expanded, the inside was huge and as beautiful as i remembered from my last visit here. There were rows and rows of great trees that always had sometype of maintenance being done to take care of them. For today, a witch who seemed to be a little younger than me was working on a latter and pruning the leaves. He seemed so familiar with his dark hair that was cut in a bowl cut.

"Down this way is all the prices of large branches we use for students, since Hexside has decided to adopt palismen instead of make new ones we have extra..." she began but through the corner of my eye i noticed the maintenance witch start to loose balance on the latter and before i knew it, in a flash of yellow i teleported my way next to them holding the latter in place. They looked down at me as i helped them. I smiled, forgetting about the mask- and held a thumbs up as they held their heart, smiled at me, and continued to work.

"Whats the point of pruning the leaves?" i let myself ask, i was nothing of a plant expert, so it seemed silly, especially with how high they were.

'its to keep the trees healthy." they shouted from the long distance between us, "If you cut off any problem leaves it keeps the whole tree stable and in good condition." They said, putting the tool in their side pouch and began climbing down.

"So i'm guessing you aren't put on pruning duty often then?" I asked, the social part of me forgetting that i was on a mission.

The boy seemed flabbergasted i would ever ask such a question, "huh? why would you say that?" He asked, seeming almost offended.

I laughed softly, "because most people who did it often would know to always have someone spot the ladder.

He grumbled something about not needing anyones held and that he was fine on his own. The childish demeanor reminded me of someone. Then it clicked. "Oh. So you're Steves brother."

He seemed even more flabbergasted at that question, "Wha- How do you know my brother?"

"He's a scout." i said, waiting for him to connect the dots. He didn't. "Im the Amethyst Guard.." Still nothing in his empty head. "your brother works with me."