Ever know

Don't cry for me- Jason Derulo

Hunters pov

Why did I do that.

I handed y/n the stuffed animal that I unpromptly stole and yet I felt fine with it when she took it from me and smiled.
Weirdly enough I kind of felt jelous of her.

I looked at her bright and big smiled while she looked to the stuffed animal.

Dispite everything I know of, we do the same job and yet she always is happy and smiling. Thats something I've never been able to do, I envy her. It feels like smiling is like breathing for her, and it should be for me yet I don't.

But for some reason recently it's been getting easier to smile.

She elbowed me and smiled, "we should get some food and head back."

I nodded as I looked out at the pouring rain. "Yea but In this? I wouldn't be suprised if they started shutting the park down."

She smirked at me with her signature smirk that told me she was about to rip me a new one.
She put her hand on her hip and gestured to the rain, "we had to spend weeks on a cold mountain, spend countless nights alone and hungry. And somehow the Golden Guard is afraid of a little boiling rain??"
She sighed and crossed her arms before walking out into the rain casting a cooling spell of sorts that cooled the rain before it touched her, her hair getting soaked again, "you've lost your flare golden boy."

I rolled my eyes as I felt flapjack give me a look.
She got you good..

I glared and him before any annoyance that i would've felt was quickly replaced with a playfulness I wasn't used to. I laughed and walked out from beneath the auning.   For some reason the boiling rain never bothered me, for whatever reason I was immune to it, so it wasn't like it was because I was scared of it, I just didn't like getting wet.

"Okay okay. What did you have in mind?"

One look into her eyes and I regretted asking that.
.

.

.
"What in the actual isles is that."

We stood outside of a tavern, the rain not ceasing. Mabye the rain got into my eyes, but what we approached was an old and rusty building. It had a warm rustic feel to it, most of its exterior was made of old wood and looked like it would collapse in any second.

I heard y/n laugh beside me, both of us under her cooling spell, "this is the Bloody Inn. I used to.." I saw her glimpse fade to not me but FlapJack perched on my shoulder. "Uh, come here with my mom."

She shook her head, "but the foods amazing and hella cheap."

I took note of her expression but shoved the feeling away. "Alright alright please let's just get out of the rain."

She laughed and opened the door. "After you Hunter."

Your pov

I watched Hunter look at the Inn with a hint of disgust, wich would've been hurtful if it wasn't true.
I used to come here with my mom when she would get off of a long shift at work. It was cheap and the food was amazing but I don't remember it looking this rundown. Mabye childhood had a way of glamorizing things.

Either way we made our way inside, hunter went first but my eyes stayed glued to his palisman.

Letting wild magic in a place like this felt so wrong, but I couldn't just tell Hunter to get rid of it. Dispite how awful it was, I could tell we was growing close to it.