Up to Something or On Something

Cant remember to forget you- Shakira, Rihanna

Your pov

"Whoa someones happy today." I said smugly as me and the Golden Guard strode the town of Bones Burrow.

He laughed softly in his laugh, "Oh you know, just finally git some sleep."

I squinted my eyes, "Oh? No line of witches in your keep this morning?"

He looked over to me confused but seemed to remember our humorous conversation, "Oh, yea no, there was aline but not as long so I got to sleep in."

I looked over to him by the stride in his step, the fact he hasn't made one singular sarcastic comment to me the entire time, he seemed genuinely happy and content as we walked onto our mission.

The Golden Guard in just a good mood?

Yea no, thats bullshit.

He walked ahead of me and I studied him as he entered a library.

What in the Isles is he up to?

Our mission for today was a smaller honestly a pretty easy day if we weren't to do anything else- besides a few minuscule tasks- and the day would likely end quickly. Good because I had to study on more potions because I was falling short in that category. My main abilities was healing, oracle, plant, and abomination and i was hoping to be able to become better at illusions and potions. Though that didn't mean I didn't want to go over the bard coven or the construction coven or any others, those were just my priorities. Mind myself that I had began to fall short on studying science my temporary truce with Hunter, I couldn't forget the competition and the rivalry that we've had all these years, a few fun weeks of duo missions definitely cant change that or how I feel about him... even if I now know that he is...kinda cute. Our job today was simply to visit all the libraries in Bones Burrow and collect any books on wild magic-and for me personally check out new romance books, i finished my other one last night (I binge read it of course).

Hunter walked into the library and put on his big cool guy Golden Guard voice and persona. Another thing I've kinda noticed is him when he's the Golden Guard vrs when he's comfortable and himself are like two different witches. He's still cocky, and annoying, and rude and sarcastic, but moments like last night or when I first saw him on the ship sinking in the suns golden highlights... I feel like I see him.

Titian I'm reading too many romance books that sounded corny and weird as heck.

I shook my head as I followed pursuit of him, "Hello mamm', I am the Golden Guard and this is The Amethyst Guard my-" He paused and turned back to the lady as I waved softly, "We need you to bring us all books on wild magic that you have."

"please," I cut in.

I could tell he rolled his eyes but with a bit less malice than normal, "Please."

I smirked under my mask as the lady brought out a giant stack of books, "here you are, Ive been meaning to get rid of these for awhile. Something of Hunter lit up when he saw them or darkened, one of the two, either way something shifted as he picked them up and walked outside.

"Thank you!!" I called out as we exited and I laughed softly, "Damn, ever heard of manners?"

He just laughed again-a sound I was getting comfortably used to, "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention ill have more, "Manners" next time."

I just shook my head, "Man am i gonna have to put up with your bad manners for the entire time were working together? I dunno that sounds like a rule breaker," I replied mostly sarcastic.