You're Awful

No friends-Cadmium, Rosendale

Hunters POV

As soon as my shift ended I happily hurried to the library in the castle. So it was true, uncle was finally giving my privileges back, even if its a small task its by myself. Hes seeing me was worth something again! If I keep it up I could have my missions back in no time.  

I entered the library and the warm smell of candle light and old books filled my nose, setting sun and new moonlight settling into the windows and creating a blanket over every object it touched. I scanned the shelves and looked for a specific small section. Now one would wonder why in the Iles theres books on wild magic in the castles library? I can answer that, me. 

A year and a half ago I saw first hand how destructive Belos curse can be, he looses sight of himself. It was right after i failed a mission, i reported to him and he was furious. Irritation and anger can make his curse worse and then green dripped from his mask and his hand spewed out of control, ripping away his gloves, and sending it my way. I didnt have enough time to doge and it hit my jaw up to my upper cheek, leaving me sitting in red. Belos of course apologized after i cleaned myself up and I knew I couldn't blame him. It was his stupid curse, and I realized the best way to be useful would be to release him of his burden, so he would never have to experience that pain again. 

Anyway im getting off track, luckily when i came down there was a women throwing books on wild magic away, my only hope for information. Belos had destroyed and banned any amount I information on wild magic as possible, it was even banned on the interweb- though that didn't matter because Belos never gave me a scroll. I stopped the woman and-i swear I dont do this often- used my Golden Guard authority and lied saying Belos wanted her to give me the books and I would destroy them. She of course gave them to me-Ive noticed anyone who isn't Kikimora,Lilith- or used to be Lilith after she betrayed the Emperor shes now dead to me-  or the coven heads, they just listen without question. Is it respect or fear? Whatever it is it works and i wont complain. I hid the books in a small section in the library- in the romance section because I mean come on, the place is full of adults, no one is going to go in there, and hid them. Ive never had them disturbed.

I sat on the comfortable chair and set my books down and a note pad. The familiar chirping sound rang through my ears, I looked down at my cloak and of course there was the palismen.

How tf did i not feel him-

My eyes widened and i grabbed him and whispered, "What are you doing here??? How many times do I have to tell you to stay in my room! If someone saw you-" Then he completely jumped out and used his beak to flip one of the pages.

"What the Iles are you doing!? Do you want to die?!" I whisper yelled, but then I noticed it had flipped to a page on palismen and palistram wood. I looked down at the red cardinal that tweeted happily at me. I paused and looked at the page, "Are you... helping me.?" 

It chirped again as if it were responding but i shook my head at it. Palismen were nothing but dangerous tools, it was meer coincidence it flipped to the page I needed. 

Then I heard the library door open and i grabbed the palismen shoving it into my cloak. Then I heard it, "Hey hunter..." 

I sighed heavily, annpyed that my reaserch where my book was on the perfect page was to be interuppted, especially by her. 

I looked at her anmd noticed her armor and mask were gone, replaced with more comftrable clothes, while my mask was still on and my armor. 

We stared at each other for a moment, mask and no mask, her features illuminated like a painting by the candle light.