Long day

Angels and demons- jxdn

( I did that ^) Hunters pov

There she was. She was back in her normal attire, the purple of her armor contrasting from the gold of the castle around her. She looked to me concerned.

"Whoa, man are you okay did something happen???" She asked concerned and took a step closer to me.

Replaceable

"What do you care?" I snapped.

She looked taken aback, "what- Goldie you've obviously been crying and-"

"Oh for the love of titian stop looking down on me so much that you think it's ok to call me that!!! I am fine. And there's no reason to be conserned, I am GREAT AND I AM DOING FAR BETTER THAN YOU!" I yelled before grabbing my handle and slamming my door shut.

I leaned against the door and began to just sob. I couldn't help it, I was a failure and replaceable and for the love of titian I thought I could have a friend but what's the point if we're just compared and just being around her makes me feel like a useless pice of shit.

My breathing wouldn't stop and it felt like I was choking, the world around me was spinning and I kept being reminded that I wasn't enough. I needed to be enough but I just couldn't.

But she was.

Titian she was more than enough, I've seen how she handles missions and the way she socialized and makes friends everywhere, she actually had magic, not to mention she's not at all unattractive like I hoped she was. She's got me beat at everything. I am replaceable, because she's fucking perfect.

Your pov

I stood at his door for awhile, debating on weather or not to knock.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM????
ONE MINUTE HES SUPPER NICE TO ME AND IM THINK OOOH FINALLY A FRIEND MY AGE, I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUTHOW DICKY HE IS, MABYE I MISJUDGED HIM?? BUT NO THEN HE BLOWS UP AT ME LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG?!? HES BIPOLAR ASF AND IM NOT DEALING WITH HIS ISSUES RUGHT NOW HES A COCKY BITCHY DIC-

calm down.

I sighed and turned around, he didn't want to be bothered, that much was obvious. I sighed and turned to my bedroom.

Tomorrows mission will be reallll fun.

The next morning I woke up wishing I didn't like every normal teenager as I put on my uniform and walked to the throne room as slowly as I could. I heard talking inside and dispite my better judgment waisted and eaves dropped.

"Please uncle! I don't know how to make it up to you but I can't keep going on missions with her. I swear I'll make it up to you I'll prove it anyway I can I'll do whatever you want, be whoever you want me to be but-"

Hunter.
THAT PRICK! Am I really that awful to be around!?

"Silence! What on earth do you think you're talking about?! See this is exactly why you're pared with her, unlike you she doesn't make mistakes like you do and she definitely doesn't talk back to someone who saved her." A voice I knew as Belos spat out calmly. I then decided it was my time to enter.

I yawned and acted like I hadn't heard everything as I walked in a bowed to the emperor, "Lord Belos sir. What mission do you want me to complete today?"

He nodded, "I want both of you to watch around and instruct new recruits, an easy task, and supervise them on training."

Oh yea! I remember that for orientation there was a big obstical coruse and everything it was fun.... Kinda, people ended up at the healers and I think someone died...I was ok though, just a broken bone.

Wait, but that means I'll just be spectating and doing nothing, WITH HUNTER.

I internally groaned. Fucking fabulous.

"Yes sir, thank you." I said standing up as Hunter did the same looking solum and frustrated. We walked out and I shut the door.

"Let's get this over with," Hunter said quietly as we walked to the exit of the castle to head to the arena where new scouts would be assessed by a list of tasks.

I rolled my eyes, "I couldn't agree more." I said sharply, sorta being petty.

Hey, I had every reason to be.

I walked the halls of the castle, I felt so out of place, not just because of how tall the walls were but because of my armor. I'm the only purple thing in the entire castle, before I saw it as me being complementary to it, but as I walk next to the golden guard who is now cold with me and barley my partner... I feel more out of place than ever.

I shrugged it off as we got to the exit and I mounted my staff and quickly left not minding if he was ready.

I blew through the cool morning breeze as the sun was rising, Golden Boy zoomed pass me and went in front of me. I gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes.

Quit trying to show me up asshole.

I sped up and ignored the fact the sun illuminated his skin and his stupid sandy blond hair.

Finally we arrived to the observation table, we showed the guards our sygils and the nodded letting us in.
I sat down and observed where I was, it was at the stop of a giant arena where two ground of new scouts were standing readying themselves for the challenges to come.

One of the guards set down a paper for us to read, as I reached out my hand to pick up the microphone he grabbed it before I could and began to talk.

"Hello future coven members, good morning to all of you and get ready for the first task of the day. The first task will be a simple brawl between two groups. We will assign you a partner that you will spar and the winner passes onto the next round. The rules are that if your spar partner is down for more than three seconds you win the round, there is no foul play including pulling hair, using a sleeping spell, and using mass explosions and firespells due to not wanting to cause unwanted damage. Please do not spar with the intention of killing your partner. If you deem this too much you are welcome to leave anytime, the Emperors Coven isn't accepting cowards. Ready your weapons and get ready," he finished and I balled my fifist up. Once the microphone was off I glared at him.

"What if your issue?" I asked sharply.
He looked at me with my all too familiar I'm better than you look.

"I don't have an issue," he said quickly but very unconvincingly.

"Oh really?? Cause it seems like ever since yesterday ya kinda do." I replayed sharply. Hunter looked at me like I killed his puppy but what ever he was gonna say was interrupted by a guard telling me they were ready.

This time I grabbed the mic before he could and began speaking, "The first task will begin soon. Ready yourself and stand a few feet away from your partner. Get ready and go in three... two... one! Good luck to you all, may the best win."

I looked over to Hunter with an eat shit grin and he rolled his eyes.

This is going to be a long day.