Dark Blue

The adults are talking- The Strokers

Your pov:

"What... is this..?" Listen i knew the owl lady no longer had access to the portal so her supply must be running low or something because the sad shop that we saw had the most random and cursed looking things that made you wonder if she ever got any customers. I turned to Hunter as we sloped the sad little shop from afar as he shrugged, bending down. We decided to perch on one of the buildings to look and create a plan.

"How are we even supposed to take her shop down?" I asked, "Tell her its shut down? I don't think the Owl Lady is just gonna shut her weird human shop down."

Hunter nodded as he spied on the wild witch, "We could try to just take her down?"

I looked at him dumbfounded, "And how do you expect to do that? I mean im flattered you think im powerful enough but we'll have to do something else."

I heard hunter sigh and cross his arms, "Fine then, whats your idea if you keep turning mine down?"

I paused and then smirked, "Destroy it from the inside out."

Hunter stared at me through his mask, "And how do you expect to do that?"

I smiled, "Simple, distraction. One of us can go up and pretend to be buying something while the other goes inside and wrecks the place"

He nodded, "Which one of us?"

I paused, "I will, it would be better for me to anyway."

Hunter seemed offended as i began to take off my mask, "Hey what why-?"

"Hold this." I said, giving him my cloak, mask,  and chest plate. 

I took off all my armor, leaving me in black pants, brown boots, and a deep purple skin tight turtleneck that had to be tight in oder to fit under my armor. I fixed my hair and turned to him, not noticing his silence and gaze never leaving me. "Because your voice is too...." hot, "Memorable. Im positive they would remember your voice due to the countless speeches you've made, while i don't talk much."

He rolled his eyes, "Sucky because i know you love doing it," He said sarcastically.

I winked playfully as i got off the roof, leaving my armor on top as we went on our mission, "Exactly."

I nodded off to Hunter as he hid in the shadows, I made my way up to the register as i skoped the items, "Miss?" I asked holding sometype of... color changing ring. I touched it and the blackish color turned to green.

The owl lady soon appeared from behind the tent and smiled at me, her golden tooth shining, "Are ya interested in buying that?" She asked, i looked over and noticed Hunter making his way into the tent. 

I looked at it, "What is it?" 

The ladies smile widened as she leaned against the counter, "that, kiddo, is a cursed ring, anyone who wears it is cursed to...  bock like a mushroom hen for the rest of their days."

I looked down at the ring, did the human realm really have something like that? I wondered until a teenage voice cut off my thoughts.

"Edaaa, I told you to stop using fake propaganda to try to sell stuff," Then out from behind the tent appeared a tan teen girl, with short brown hair, round eyes and... round ears?? 

So this is the human thats been causing Belos so much trouble. I looked at her short and well... nit powerful, stature. Theres no way. 

She leaned against the counter as the owl lady rolled her eyes, "That there is a mood ring. It determines your mood based off the heat from your body. Go ahead put it on," the human instructed. 

"uh are you sure.?" I asked weary of what the Owl Lady said it was.

I looked over to the Owl Lady who was rubbing her hands together in a threatening looking way, the human glared at her and then smiled, "Im sure, see?" She asked as she gently took the ring and placed it on her finger, it turned yellow. "oooh, its saying i feel happy and creative. Pretty on point, your turn." 

She handed the ring and i hesitantly put it on, the color shifted to an amber color, "What does that mean?"

She looked at it, "oh, that means you're feeling a mixture of emotions."

Very true, im feeling like i want to go home and read romance books and heighten my already incredibly high standards. Now im realizing why I've never been in a relationship.

Just then i saw Hunter, his mask was gone, likely to easier see in the dark as he held out a thumbs up.

"Whoa! Yours just shifted to dark blue!" My attention snapped to the human and the Owl  Lady who stayed next to her, smiling smugly.

"uh... what does that mean..?" I asked as the human touched my hand. 

"Well, that means your heart just spiked, but not to the point of fear. That means your happy or..." She looked at me smugly, "You thought of someone you're interested in~" She said giving me a smug face. I felt my cheeks redden. 

"Thats impossible i wasn't thinking of anyone." I looked down at the dark blue ring as she shrugged, "Suit yourself maybe i got it wrong, Eda can you go check the back and see if theres one of those little note cards with the meaning of these colors?"

The ring turned grey as i panicked, shit! I picked up a random round thin thing and picked it up, "Whats this?!" I asked hurriedly as they bothy turned to me.  She and Eda looked surprised as luz looked at it. It was shiny and grey with the words, 'The best of times' written on it.

"Oh thats a CD, and no, you cant eat it. My friend Gus had to learn that the hard way." She laughed, "Hang on." 

She asked Eda to give her something that was behind her, she brought out a circular box thing with buttons and took the CD and fed it to it. She pressed one of the buttons and took out wires as it began to play a song. She handed me it, "It plays music, all you have to do is open it up, place the CD in it, plug in the headphones and press play. Its a portable CD player."

I nodded as i held the portable CD thing, "Whoa, thats cool."

My astonishment was cut short as i saw a familiar beat up blond run out of the store, I knew that was my cue to begin to leave as i snagged a paper off the table, the human mentioned a paper that said what the colors meant, and i noticed it a few seconds before Hunter came out. I was confused as i looked at the tent, nothing was destroyed, but then he ran towards me and grabbed my hand. 

"Run!" He yelled as he dragged me away. I was confused but then the shop went up in an explosion of flames.

"Titian Hunter what did you do?!" I yelled as he got us a safe distance away.

He only gave me his signature shit eating grin as the ring turned dark blue again.