Deal

Escapism- RAYE, 070 Shake

Your pov
I watched as Hunter walked out of his room wearing a standard scout uniform and putting a palismen in his jacket.

Why In the hell would he have a palismen???

Since my moms passing I've done my own amount of research on wild magic, mainly trying to figure out what happens to her but I always ended up empty handed, so I eventually stopped.
Still though, Hunter was THE Golden Guard Belos right hand man next to me. Him having a palismen-for lack of a better word- was just wrong.

I shook the thought out of my head as he put the mask on and began to fast walk down the halls; I was guessing to the exit.

No no no, it's none of your business. Plus I mean if Hunter has a palismen and wants to break the rules then he can do that. Actually, if Belos found out he's be pissed, like royally pissed, and I could receive his praise. I mean obviously I owe him for everything he's done for me, and he's breaking the rules and-

I shook my head again,

NO BAD Y/N! We don't know why he has it, I'm sure he has some type of explanation, plus Hunter is our fri- partner..? I dunno what we are, barley bearable acquaintances? With his mood swings I honestly never know.

Either way it's none of my business he's a big boy he doesn't need some random witch spying on him even if he's suspicious as hell.

I began to walk away.

It's none of your business, it's none of your business, it's-

I casted a spell circle and made myself invisible as I followed him out the door.

Ok so nobodies perfect.

I carefully walked behind him as he exited the castle, he was walking quickly and I knew his sleep deprived- oh sorry tired from refusing all the witches at his door- ass doesn't quickly do anything unless he needs to, so what in the isles is he doing?
He walked outside walking through the castle door, the sun shined down and for once didn't illuminate him like a peice of art with the golden armor and hair being missing from its rays.

I kept the spell going but was growing tired for holding it for so long. He then boarded the ship and my eyes creased with confusion.

That's the little trolls ship, Kikimora has the mission to go to eclipse lake to find more titian blood.

Wait didn't that mission used to be Hunters before Belos decided I was better than him and made us go on duo missions?
I'm not soaking that in I swear.

I felt beads of sweat form on my head as he climbed onto the ship looking around totally unsuspiciously, the spell was getting tiring and I needed a way to blend into the ship. I needed someone's uniform but who would give it to me? That's when I heard a thankfully familiar 26 year old man conversing with another scout about motorcycles near by.

Oh thank titian.

"Past! Steve!!" I whispered but nothing.

I groaned and tapped his shoulder still invisible but he just brushed off his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and just grabbed his collar and dragged him behind a bush and finally let down my spell circle.

"Whoa! Kid how- okay it is not everyday I'm dragged into a bush. What's up?" He asked crossing his arms looking confused.

I held up my hands, "sorry didn't mean to drag you like that, but I really really need a favor."

He sighed and looked at me with an- uh oh- face, "alright what is it?"