Chapter 5: Vegetable Pancakes - Purslane and Egg Pancakes

Although the Ji family had been driven out of the capital and their fate was quite tragic, it was still considered above average compared to the villagers.

Therefore, the original owner of the body didn't do much work at home.

After coming to the Xiao family, it became even less likely for her to do any work after the family split.

In the past few days, Ji Wan'er had been lying in bed, and today she felt tired after doing some work.

After having a meal, she went back to rest.

In the afternoon, Ji Wan'er went to chop bamboo again.

Then she processed the bamboo just like in the morning, cutting a bamboo stalk into several pieces and splitting it in half in the middle.

Looking at the bamboo pieces arranged on the ground, Ji Wan'er felt a great sense of accomplishment.

She turned her head and glanced at Yun Shuang, who had been silently working beside her. Ji Wan'er asked, "What do you want to eat tonight?"

Yun Shuang didn't expect her to ask this question, and a look of confusion appeared in her big eyes.

What to eat... no one had ever asked for her opinion.

She ate whatever the adults made.

"What do you want to eat?" Ji Wan'er asked again.

"Anything is fine, I'll eat whatever you make, sister-in-law," Yun Shuang said.

She didn't bother expressing her own preferences; being able to have a full meal was already satisfying enough for her.

Ji Wan'er stared at her for a moment, looking at the sincerity in her eyes. She knew she couldn't ask for more.

"Alright, then let's have vegetable pancakes for dinner," Ji Wan'er said.

Her gaze shifted to the thriving purslane growing in the corner.

She had been busy with the fence today and had forgotten to go out and buy vegetables.

Fortunately, they were in the countryside where wild vegetables were abundant and could be found everywhere.

It had been a long time since she had eaten wild vegetables, and she really wanted to.

"Okay," Yun Shuang agreed.

Ji Wan'er thought to herself that there were some advantages to being in the cannon fodder role.

Although the head of the family was Xiao Qingming.

But Xiao Qingming, that person, could be described as "unaware of the outside world, focused only on reading sage books" if putting it nicely, and as a "bookworm" if being less polite.

He only knew how to provide his wife with a good household and didn't care about anything else.

In this household, she could take charge.

For example, if she wanted to chop bamboo, she could chop bamboo. If she wanted to make a fence, she could make a fence.

She could cook whatever she wanted to eat, eat whenever she wanted to eat, and have as many meals as she desired.

She didn't have to be restricted in every aspect.

Together with Yun Shuang, they picked some tender purslane and returned to the front.

Yun Shuang went to wash the rice and prepare rice soup.

Ji Wan'er went to clean the purslane.

After washing the purslane, she chopped it up with a knife.