Chapter 7: Ginger Tea

Could she have drugged it?

After a while, Xiao Qingming finally recovered.

Once he regained his composure, he glanced at Ji Wan'er, picked up his bowl, and walked away.

Ji Wan'er looked bewildered.

She hadn't said or done anything wrong, so why did Xiao Qingming seem so eager to avoid her?

The noodles weren't bad either.

This person's silence made it really difficult to understand what he was thinking.

It was challenging to get along with him.

Before Ji Wan'er could figure it out, she saw Xiao Qingming returning with a full bowl of noodles in his hands.

Ji Wan'er raised an eyebrow, feeling relieved.

She had worried too much. The noodles she made today were excellent.

Xiao Qingming indeed loved noodles.

Thinking about the information provided by Yun Shuang, Ji Wan'er turned her head to look at her.

Since Xiao Qingming started coughing, Yun Shuang had stopped eating and nervously stared at the couple.

She was afraid that they would start arguing like before.

Of course, it's only Sister-in-law who would argue. My brother has always been silent.

However, today my brother's reaction is indeed strange.

Although he used to blush before, it would be with a face of worry or anger.

But this time, it was difficult to read his true emotions.

When my brother filled his bowl and started eating again, Yun Shuang picked up her chopsticks and continued her meal.

Before she could take a bite, Sister-in-law looked over.

"Is it delicious?"

Yun Shuang nodded, "Very delicious."

Ji Wan'er smiled at her, "Hmm."

Sister-in-law is really beautiful.

Before my brother got married, she inquired about Sister-in-law's family and had secretly gone to see them with her brother.

In all her years, it was the first time she had seen such a beautiful girl.

Not only was she beautiful, but her clothes and jewelry were also exceptionally stunning.

She looked completely different from the people who grew up in their village.

At that time, she thought that with my brother's exceptional education, only a girl like her could be worthy of him.

After returning home, she eagerly hoped for my brother to marry soon. That way, their household would have one more person, and perhaps their days would be less difficult for her and her brother...

But little did she expect that with the arrival of Sister-in-law, her nightmare would deepen even further.

Now, with this smile, she was brought back to the day she first met Sister-in-law.

Realizing that she had been staring at her for too long, Yun Shuang shyly lowered her head.

The two children were hungry, but their appetites were limited, especially since Ji Wan'er had served more. So, each person eating a little over one bowl was enough to satisfy them.