Chapter 31: Fried Dough Sticks - I'll give you a little pinch.

Ji Wan'er was in a good mood.

On the way back, Ji Wan'er exchanged a few words with Xiao Qingming. She either asked him what he had for lunch or how he was feeling today. As for why Xiao Qingming suddenly came to look for her, he didn't say, and she didn't ask much either. In any case, she could tell that Xiao Qingming genuinely cared about her.

After walking for a while, Ji Wan'er explained to Xiao Qingming the purpose of returning to her parents' home today.

After all, if they managed to sign the lease for the shop tomorrow, they would need to hire people, and the family business would be bigger than before. Although this money could be considered her personal savings, she and Xiao Qingming were still family, so she explained it very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings.

"I wanted to ask my mother for help when I returned today," Ji Wan'er said.

Xiao Qingming turned his head and glanced at her, asking, "What kind of help?"

Ji Wan'er smiled and explained, "I don't want to set up a stall outside every day. It's impossible to sell anything when it's raining. I thought about renting a shop in town. These days, I found a few shops that I liked, so I plan to have my parents come with me to town tomorrow and help me take care of things."

Upon hearing these words, Xiao Qingming pursed his lips, as if he wanted to say something.

"Hmm? Husband, do you think opening a shop is not appropriate?" Ji Wan'er asked.

Xiao Qingming glanced at Ji Wan'er and after a moment, he said, "Actually... I can also do this."

Xiao Qingming wondered if his wife thought he was too foolish and useless, which is why she didn't ask him for help but went back to her parents' home instead.

Ji Wan'er, however, laughed and said, "Of course, I know you can."

Who was Xiao Qingming? In the future, he would become the top scholar and a powerful figure. Although it might not be apparent now, she knew that this person was remarkable.

"I'm just worried that it will distract you from your studies. Besides, when my mother was in the capital, she helped manage a shop, so she has experience," Ji Wan'er explained.

Xiao Qingming didn't pay attention to the rest of the sentence. He only remembered Ji Wan'er's words from earlier, and he remembered her bright and beautiful smile.

She believed that he could do it.

"I... I'm not... not that capable," Xiao Qingming tightened his grip on the basket in his hand, blushing.

Ji Wan'er smiled and said, "Husband, in my heart, you are the most capable. Don't be so modest. You are destined to achieve great things in the future. Renting a shop is beneath you."

Flattery can penetrate even the toughest defenses.

As soon as she said this, a faint smile appeared on Xiao Qingming's face, as if he had applied rouge.

In fact, Ji Wan'er still felt that there was some distance between her and Xiao Qingming, and their relationship was not yet too intimate. She trusted Nanny Dong, whom she had only met once, from the bottom of her heart, which is why she went back to her parents' home to find Nanny Dong.

But she couldn't say these things in front of Xiao Qingming.

The two of them went home, joking and laughing along the way.

As soon as they entered the door, Yun Shuang, who was sitting under the eaves embroidering, stood up nervously and looked at her older brother and sister-in-law.