Epilogue

-----------------

Thank you so much @Jackiess22 for providing the link for the epilogue. I usually use Shubaow but there's no epilogue there. So thank you much. 

-----------------

In the new year, Ji Wan'er's shop became increasingly prosperous. Although the location was not the best, and the restaurant was not too big, the customer flow and income were not inferior to those of larger restaurants.

A few months later, the takeaway business also flourished.

Gradually, the monthly income reached two thousand taels.

As the restaurant business continued to thrive, many delicious eateries sprouted up in the surrounding county towns. These were all franchise stores. From one restaurant to five, and then to dozens... the business gradually spread throughout the country.

Turning to Xiao Qingming's side, he gained more and more trust from the emperor in the court, and many matters were entrusted to him. He gradually acquired more power.

The Xiao Qingming in the book rose step by step to prominence through questionable means. But now, he stood upright and relied on his abilities, making people increasingly wary of underestimating him.

During the intense struggle among the princes, Xiao Qingming remained neutral, not leaning towards anyone.

A hundred years later, when everyone looked back on this period of history, their admiration for Xiao Qingming grew stronger. Almost seventy percent of the officials in the court stood by his side, and the remaining thirty percent were insignificant. Even those who initially didn't take sides were compelled to choose a side.

But Xiao Qingming was an exception.

He didn't take sides, yet no one dared to pressure him.

When the new emperor ascended to the throne, he continued to be highly regarded. His talent gradually became evident to everyone.

He was the youngest minister in history and also the youngest top scholar. He was extraordinarily handsome. However, even so, no one ever dared to underestimate him or question why he held great power at such a young age.

It was all because of his outstanding abilities.

In their second year in the capital city, Xiao Qingming and Ji Wan'er welcomed their first child.

A son.

A son who resembled Xiao Qingming greatly.

He was just as quiet as Xiao Qingming, with a more serious expression on his face. He wore a solemn expression every day, even when Ji Wan'er tried to make him laugh, he rarely smiled.

If we were to talk about his biggest hobby, there was only one, reading books.

During the traditional "grabbing objects" ceremony when he was a baby, he grabbed a book.

Although he couldn't understand anything at that time, he held onto the book for a long time. Later on, he would carry a book with him every day.

Seeing him like this, Ji Wan'er quickly hired a teacher for him to teach him reading and literacy.

When he started attending school, Ji Wan'er suddenly discovered that she seemed to have given birth to a genius child. He had an exceptional ability to memorize things at a glance. Whatever he was taught, he would quickly grasp and understand.

Ji Wan'er originally thought that Xiao Qingming was already a talented and remarkable person, but she never expected to encounter someone even more intelligent.

Upon realizing this, Ji Wan'er not only hired a teacher to teach him the knowledge required for the imperial examinations but also employed various other teachers to teach different subjects. For example, there were teachers instructing agricultural studies, astronomy, engineering, and military affairs, among others.

While teaching him, she also shared some of her modern knowledge with her son.

The mind of a genius is truly different from that of an ordinary person. Ji Wan'er only briefly explained things, yet her son understood everything. Honestly, even Ji Wan'er herself didn't fully comprehend some of the knowledge she shared.

Subsequently, their home acquired a wooden bicycle and a blender.

His achievements surpassed even those of Xiao Qingming.

Before he turned twenty, he became the top scholar. By that time, Xiao Qingming had already become the Minister of Personnel.