Chapter 46: Grand Opening - Nanny Dong Arrives

Now Ji Wan'er had two things to do: clean up the shop and purchase supplies.

The shop had originally been rented out to a food business, but the previous tenant didn't pay much attention to cleanliness. It was dirty not only in the front area but also in the backyard.

Ji Wan'er couldn't stand such an environment.

On the second day after arriving, she woke up early in the morning and started cleaning with Yun Shuang and Zi An.

The newly rented shop was similar to the one in the town. It had six tables in the front, a kitchen in the back, and three empty rooms. One room was used for storage, and they would live in the other two.

It took the three of them two to three days to thoroughly clean up these rooms.

During this time, Xiao Qingming didn't return home. They had agreed to move on the sixth day of the month. However, because the rent in the county town started counting from the first day, Ji Wan'er felt it would be a waste to stay longer in the town and decided to end their business there and move earlier.

They arrived on the twenty-sixth.

After cleaning, Ji Wan'er set up a chicken coop in a corner of the courtyard and put the chickens they brought inside.

Finally, she tidied up the courtyard and placed some flowers and plants.

With these arrangements, the courtyard became much cleaner and neater than before.

The most important part was the front shop. Ji Wan'er redecorated it. The tables were brand new and carved with leaf and flower patterns. The word "Delicious" was also carved on the four corners.

As for the restaurant's name, Ji Wan'er didn't use anything fancy. She simply used the two words "Delicious (Měi Wèi)."

Not only were the tables carved, but the chopsticks and bamboo bowls as well. Even the plates and dishes were custom-made in advance.

The walls around were also decorated, creating a comfortable and thoughtful atmosphere as soon as one entered the door.

Next was the task of purchasing items. Since they were far away from home and didn't have good quality items, Ji Wan'er left behind some old things at home and only brought newer and better ones.

As a result, there were quite a few things that needed to be bought.

After purchasing everything, it cost another two taels of silver.

While tidying up the shop, they were also in the process of hiring people. The notice was already posted at the entrance, and they were waiting for interviews in three days.

On the third day of the month, Ji Wan'er opened the door.

Upon opening the door, her first attention wasn't on the people coming for the interview but on Nanny Dong.

"The shop is well cleaned up," Nanny Dong praised.

"It took several days to clean up. As long as Mother thinks it's good, that's all that matters. But why did you and Father come over?" Ji Wan'er was pleasantly surprised.

Nanny Dong glanced at the applicants and said, "Let's not talk about that for now. Let's start with selecting people."

"Okay," Ji Wan'er smiled.

It had been a few days since she arrived here. When she was busy, she didn't feel it, but when it was no longer as busy and late at night, she would feel a bit scared and nervous. After all, she was unfamiliar with the people and the surroundings here.