Chapter 53: Lunar New Year, Business is Getting Better

Ji Wan'er looked at the account book in her hand and couldn't stop smiling.

Hot pot was truly popular.

She had heard before that there used to be a hot pot restaurant in the county town, but it had closed down due to poor business. She was worried that people here might not be fond of hot pot or this dining style.

However, the level of acceptance from everyone was surprisingly high.

The hot pot restaurant was doing exceptionally well, so Ji Wan'er decided to hire more staff. The neighboring restaurant hired two more kitchen assistants, while the hot pot restaurant hired a few more servers. The restaurant followed Xiao Qingming's schedule for resting, while the hot pot restaurant implemented flexible leave policies. If anyone needed time off, they could apply in advance to arrange their work.

With the addition of two kitchen assistants, Ji Wan'er felt a lot less burdened. She let these few people handle simple dishes, while she took care of the more complex ones or directed others while cooking.

Of course, while the hot pot restaurant thrived, the neighboring restaurant experienced a decline in business for a few days. Some of the old customers had gone to the hot pot restaurant next door.

In recent days, the daily income of the restaurant had remained steady at six hundred wen, without any increase.

Ji Wan'er didn't feel particularly concerned about this phenomenon. After all, the lost customers were still going to their own shop, and the money was still coming into her hands.

Due to the addition of a few more staff members without an increase in customers, Ji Wan'er gradually found herself having some free time, which she could spend visiting the hot pot restaurant next door.

It was currently winter, and both shops had charcoal burning to keep the customers warm. Of course, proper ventilation was essential.

However, the hot pot restaurant had less charcoal burning. Yet, as soon as she entered the hot pot restaurant, she could feel a slightly warmer atmosphere compared to the neighboring one.

In the neighboring restaurant, people were whispering about things secretly, while here, it felt lively and everyone was happily enjoying their meal. Moreover, praises could be heard everywhere.

"Waiter, your hot pot is really flavorful and spicy!"

"You're right, Zhao, it's really deliciously spicy. But I feel like it's not just a dry spiciness, it has a flavorful kick to it, perfectly balanced."

"Your chef is really amazing. The dishes next door are stir-fried so well, and the hot pot here is also delicious."

As they continued their conversation, everyone started discussing Ji Wan'er's culinary skills.

"I have to say, on such cold days, this is how we should eat. Initially, I felt a bit chilly, but after a few bites, I started feeling warm all over."

"Exactly! It's so refreshing. It has to be spicy to be flavorful!"

Seeing everyone enjoying their meal, Ji Wan'er was in a good mood as well.

She took the menu and looked at the monotonous ingredients listed on it. She decided to prepare some different ingredients the next day to enrich the menu.

Various types of meatballs were a must, some deep-fried balls should also be prepared, and some pig's blood as well. Wide rice noodles were also delicious... As she pondered, around ten different ingredients popped into her mind.

It was too late to prepare them today, but she could try them tomorrow.

The next morning, as soon as Xiao Qingming moved, Ji Wan'er woke up.