Chapter 63: Grand Opening, Prosperous Business

Before coming to the capital, Ji Wan'er had made plans. After resting for a day, she would go out the next day to purchase things and decorate their home. Once everything was in order, she would find a place and open a restaurant.

However, after arriving, all her plans were disrupted.

She stayed in bed for three days. Although she occasionally got up to eat or stroll in the garden, most of the time, she rested.

Xiao Qingming really had lost all restraint.

By the fourth day, Ji Wan'er had enough and kicked Xiao Qingming off the bed, ordering him to sleep on the couch.

However, despite obediently sleeping on the couch the previous night, he returned to the bed the next day.

After resting for five days, Ji Wan'er finally felt refreshed. With Yun Shuang and Zi An looking at her with puzzled eyes, Ji Wan'er took them out to explore the capital.

The capital was truly different from what they had imagined.

Even though Nanny Dong had described the appearance of the capital, actually seeing it was a different experience.

The three of them were like country bumpkins entering the city. It took them a full five days to explore the capital thoroughly.

Of course, they didn't spend all their time eating and drinking. Ji Wan'er had a purpose in mind.

Although Xiao Qingming had achieved the top scholar position and received an official appointment, Ji Wan'er never intended to be a traditional official's wife who only cared about domestic affairs. She still wanted to pursue her own interests.

She had already considered this when they were in the county.

If Xiao Qingming hadn't quickly become the top scholar, Ji Wan'er would have opened a restaurant in the county.

Now that they had come to the capital, she naturally intended to fulfill her wish.

Before, when she opened a small restaurant, the model had already taken shape, and she had gained experience. Now she didn't need to experiment anymore, which saved her a lot of trouble.

Although Ji Wan'er kept the matter of opening a restaurant secretive and didn't mention it to anyone, someone with ulterior motives still found out. For example, Qin Suyao.

Qin Suyao had previously inquired about everything concerning Ji Wan'er. She knew that Ji Wan'er had opened a breakfast shop in the town and a restaurant and hot pot restaurant in the county. As for how much money she had made, Qin Suyao had a rough idea.

On the sixth day, Ji Wan'er didn't go out, but someone delivered a property deed to her.

The location was excellent, situated in a bustling area with considerable foot traffic.

The space was also sufficiently large. It was a three-story building covering several hundred square meters. Although it couldn't compare to a large restaurant, in this valuable piece of land in the capital, it was already considered sizable.

This property was worth at least several tens of thousands of taels.

Ji Wan'er had less than ten thousand taels of silver in her hands.

However, Qin Suyao didn't want to give it to her as a gift; she wanted to become a shareholder. She would contribute to the property, and in return, receive a 10% share of the monthly profits.

If this property were to be rented out, it would fetch around two hundred taels per month. Ji Wan'er's best property could earn her three hundred taels per month. Moreover, if she collaborated with Qin Suyao, she would have the backing of the Hou Mansion and the Fifth Prince's residence, eliminating concerns about interference from others.