Chapter 54: Takeout, as usual.

After the New Year, the hot pot restaurant's business remained good.

Ji Wan'er added more ingredients and was able to earn two taels of silver each day.

The profits of the small restaurant also increased, although not as much as the hot pot restaurant. It steadily rose, and after the New Year, they could earn seven hundred wen in a day.

Even though it didn't earn as much as the hot pot business, it was still considerable for this small shop. Sometimes there would be a queue during lunchtime. This meant that Ji Wan'er would be busy during those times.

On this particular day at noon, there were many customers outside.

Ji Wan'er rubbed her sore shoulders and felt that this couldn't go on. She needed to come up with a solution.

In fact, the only time she needed to be busy was during this period of the day. The rest of the time was not so busy. Even with two or three helpers, it was still hectic. After all, the hired hands were only assistants and couldn't help much with cooking.

Moreover, the hot pot business was getting even better, highlighting the shortcomings of this shop.

When Xiao Qingming returned in the evening, he noticed that Ji Wan'er was not in a good mood.

"What's wrong? Did something unpleasant happen today?" Xiao Qingming asked.

Normally, if something unpleasant happened in the shop, Ji Wan'er would tell him about it. Seeing her unhappy today, Xiao Qingming made this guess.

Ji Wan'er shook her head.

"Then why?" Xiao Qingming asked again.

Knowing that Xiao Qingming worked hard in his studies and having some insights into this matter, she replied, "It's nothing, I'm just thinking about how to exert less effort and earn more money."

Because these dishes are pre-ordered, it not only alleviates the seating problem in the shop but also allows for the advance preparation of these ingredients.

When Xiao Qingming returned that day, he noticed that his wife, who had been frowning all along, was smiling again.

"Is the issue resolved?" Xiao Qingming asked.

"Yes," Ji Wan'er nodded with a smile.

Seeing Ji Wan'er happy, Xiao Qingming's mood also improved somewhat.

The Autumn Examination was approaching in less than six months, and recently he felt that time was becoming tighter, and the pressure was greater than before.

When they lay in bed at night, Xiao Qingming leaned over.

The two of them hadn't had many intimate gestures in the past few days. Today, when Xiao Qingming approached, Ji Wan'er became nervous, and her response was more enthusiastic than before.

"A little separation is better than a honeymoon," although they couldn't be considered as newlyweds, both of them felt a familiar sensation. Gradually, they found it difficult to restrain themselves, and Ji Wan'er was also overwhelmed by the intimacy.

It wasn't until she felt a slight chill on her body that she realized they had become more intimate than before.

She gently pushed Xiao Qingming with her hand.

Xiao Qingming instantly came to his senses. Looking at what he had just done, his rationality returned, and he turned to one side.

Both of them lay flat on the bed, trying to calm their racing hearts.