Chapter 6: Handmade Noodles, Eat Slowly, There's More in the Pot

Due to going to bed early the previous night, Ji Wan'er woke up at the slightest disturbance early the next day.

Upon waking up, she opened her eyes and saw Xiao Qingming sitting on the floor, lost in thought.

She was still a little drowsy, but seeing the situation in front of her, she instantly became wide awake.

"Why are you on the floor?" she asked.

Upon hearing her words, Xiao Qingming turned his head to look at Ji Wan'er.

Seeing his cold expression, Ji Wan'er felt a sense of alarm.

She had originally thought that maybe this bookworm had fallen on his own, but judging from his gaze, it didn't seem likely.

Considering that she was not a quiet sleeper.

Last night, she had been sleeping against the wall, but now she had ended up by the bed.

"Could it be... I kicked you off?" Ji Wan'er guessed.

Otherwise, why would Xiao Qingming react this way?

Xiao Qingming furrowed his brow, his eyes revealing a complex mix of emotions.

However, just like yesterday, he ignored her.

It wasn't until Xiao Qingming lifted the blanket, moved the bedding aside, that Ji Wan'er's memory started to come back to her little by little.

It seemed that the previous host had a bad relationship with Xiao Qingming, as he had been sleeping on the floor all this time.

Xiao Qingming had been sleeping on the floor for several months now.

The more Ji Wan'er understood the situation, the more uneasy she felt.

In the book, the previous host was an unimportant character, a cannon fodder, and there wasn't much description about her.

But now that she had entered the book, those things that were not described in the book about the previous host slowly started to emerge.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

There must be reasons why Xiao Qingming hated the previous host so much.

It turned out that the previous host had treated Xiao Qingming poorly in their daily interactions.

"Ah-choo!" Xiao Qingming sneezed when he reached the doorway.

This sudden sound brought Ji Wan'er back to reality.

Was it because of the cold?

Ji Wan'er's eyes caught sight of the blanket on her body, and she suddenly remembered something.

The blanket she had covered herself with last night belonged to Xiao Qingming...

Oh my goodness, she had done something even worse than the previous host.

Wasn't she just adding fuel to the fire?

No wonder Xiao Qingming looked at her with that kind of gaze and didn't even bother to respond to her.

Ji Wan'er irritably scratched her head.

At that moment, a cold breeze blew in through the cracks of the window, causing Ji Wan'er to shiver and clearing her muddled mind a bit.

Oh well, since the deed had already been done, there was no point in regretting and wishing to change the past.

It would be better to think about how to remedy the situation.