Chapter 25: Xiao Long Bao. What's wrong with me hugging you?

While having breakfast, Ji Wan'er couldn't help but glance at Xiao Qingming, thinking about what she had heard in town earlier.

Yesterday, she found the bruises on Xiao Qingming's face rather unsightly, affecting his handsome appearance. But today, she found them much more pleasing to the eye. However, she couldn't imagine someone with such delicate features engaging in a fight. It seemed highly unlikely no matter how she looked at it.

In truth, she wanted to ask Xiao Qingming if he was involved in that incident. But considering his attitude when she brought it up last night, she felt that even if she asked, he probably wouldn't answer.

As for whether Xiao Qingming would offend the Zhao family because of it, Ji Wan'er didn't really care about that at all.

Xiao Qingming was destined to become a powerful figure, with intelligence, strategy, and cunning. Although he hadn't even passed the scholar's examination yet, she felt that he was truly remarkable.

Instead of worrying about trouble from the Zhao family, Ji Wan'er was more concerned about Xiao Qingming causing trouble for them. Of course, she had no worries for Zhao Shunzi himself; he wasn't a good person and had harmed many young girls.

However, as she observed him now, Ji Wan'er noticed another issue.

Xiao Qingming's clothes were torn. Upon closer inspection, she saw several places where they were ripped. Some seemed freshly torn, while others appeared worn and damaged, indicating they had been in that state for quite some time.

She hadn't paid much attention to Xiao Qingming's attire before, so she hadn't noticed this problem.

"Your clothes are torn. Take them off, and I'll patch them up for you."

Upon hearing this, Xiao Qingming nearly lost his grip on the bowl in his hand. He quickly steadied it, blushing and whispering, "No, there's no need."

"Let me fix them. Even though you don't go out, if you don't mend these clothes, they'll likely deteriorate faster," Ji Wan'er said.

Xiao Qingming glanced at Ji Wan'er and pursed his lips.

He seemed somewhat happy from the look of it.

Ji Wan'er noticed that Xiao Qingming seemed lost in his thoughts and estimated that he had agreed. She then turned to Yun Shuang and said, "Yun Shuang, after we finish eating, you can patch up your brother's clothes."

Her sewing skills weren't something to be embarrassed about.

"Okay, I understand, sister-in-law," Yun Shuang readily agreed. Then she turned to Xiao Qingming and said, "Brother, you can take them off later."

However, Xiao Qingming seemed as if he hadn't heard them at all. He continued eating, holding his bowl and keeping his gaze lowered.

Though his expression had changed, the people sitting at the table with him didn't notice. This was because he rarely spoke or responded to others. So after Ji Wan'er and Yun Shuang finished speaking, they continued eating and joking around.

"What did Aunt Zhang say to you before she left?" Ji Wan'er asked. Aunt Zhang was their regular customer and often chatted with them. When they weren't busy, Ji Wan'er would also talk to her for a while. Aunt Zhang wanted to talk to her earlier, but she was too busy at the time.

"She said our tofu nao is delicious and asked me to save an extra bowl for her tomorrow. She wants to bring it for her grandson to eat," Yun Shuang replied.

"Okay, we'll save an extra bowl for her tomorrow," Ji Wan'er said.

Now that Zi An was no longer afraid of Ji Wan'er, he heard this and smiled, saying, "Sister-in-law, I haven't had it in a long time. I want to eat some tomorrow morning."