Chapter 1

Years later
(3rd person pov)

Magnus was standing in front of a graveyard in Idris where the all great shadow hunters of all the times are having their final rest. He slowly sat down and looked at the name Alaxander Lightwood Bane for one second. Even after 25 years the pain is still there.

"You know Alexander our lil monkeys are all grown up"

He still remembers how Alec always gave him an earful when he was spoiling the kids.

"And yeah Max.... that brat has officially completed his 2 years in new york institute well I'm quite surprised that he managed this far no hard feelings dear... but that brat is worse than me. When he first told me he wanted to be a shadow hunter i almost had a mini heart attack but i know he misses you and he wants to make you proud so what can I say, i let him but it wasn't for biscuit and his aunt sizzy he wouldn't have become the first warlock shadow hunter of the history and your precious rafe is now in the council..."

Magnus hand slowly reached and caressed the land his eyes were full of unshead tears

"They made you proud didn't they ?"
His voice cracked at the end

"I'm sorry Alaxander i promised you that i won't cry right but don't blame me actually you should be proud that all these years later you still have the same effect on me husband"

He tried to laugh through his tears...that was he was doing all these years to the outer world he tried to remain strong and the maintain his usual charming self but those who are really close to him can see that his eyes never reached his smile it was long gone and forgotten with Alec.
So that's it my favourite shadow hunter your husband will take the leave now... don't get too cozy with those angels up there and remember never found anyone else other than your lawfully wedded husband because though i never accepted I'm a very jealous person mr Alaxander giddion lightwood Bane" mangus said with a chuckle
Magnus sat up while wiping the tears and started to walk away with a long heavy heart.

Council room

"I don't see the relevance of that...Mr White"

In the centre of that council room you can see a young shadow hunter leaning on the table desk with an intimidating aura that can surely make any person weak in knees for many reasons.

( RAFAEL LIGHTWOOD BANE - 28 years old - Youngest Council member of the Clave- Eldest Son of Magnus Bane lightwood and Alexander Bane Lightwood)

"I'm sorry Mr lightwood Bane i thought sending a downworlder will make things smoother with the new Seeley queen...i mean she will feel welcomed by a fellow downworlder sir.. right ?"

Mr white now finds himself in a difficult position by those piercing eyes.

"Oh you do have a point there so what about me Rafel lightwood BANE go to the Seeley realm and meet the new Seeley queen I'm pretty sure that she would welcome me with open hands because I'm part downworlder too right?"

Rafel lightwood said with a smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

"I'm sorry sir" Mr white said with a panicking voice he knows now things are a little bit or mostly got out of his hands. So he chose the safe way of apologising and shut the hell up.
Rafe straightened his back and took a long breath

" See Mr white deal with new queen is a crucial thing to the clave and shadow world so choose the best diplomat i don't care about origin but i do care about talent so please take a note on that "

"Rafael" Suddenly a familiar voice bloomed into the room which made Rafe smile a bit

Mr white thanked the angels who brought none other than Magnus lightwood Bane in flesh and blood to save him. Everyone around the shadow world knows that only Magnus lightwood Bane can melt the iceberg of his son when even his brother can't do much other than irritating him.Fortunately Mr white has still some braincells left so he hurriedly excused himself and literally ran away from the father and son

"Did you scare him too rafe" magnus asked still looking to the running figure at the door frame

"I didn't i was just putting some senses into his nonexistent prejudiced brain and what you mean by tooo" rafe looked to his father in a questioning look

"Nothing that you'll understand in this century" magnus replied while sitting at the sofa

"Baba...did you visit dad? " Rafe knows it still hurts to bring the topic but it's just not some random topic it's his dad so he carefully looked into magnus

"Yeah I did...well somebody has to tell him at this rate that his grumpy son is gonna die single with his attitude" magnus replied with a laugh
"Baabaaa .."
"Oh son if anyone heard this whinny voice of the council head they would've banged their head into walls ... And yeah I've an important thing to discuss too"

"Is it about the queen?" Rafe raised an eyebrow

"Yes...son I've a gut feeling that she isn't some some naive beginner her traits and works seems far more cunning and dangerous the former queen if you ask me. You need to be careful Seeleies has eyes and ears everywhere. Consult with your uncles and aunties they've seen more than me in this matter. For you they'll help"

"Not more than you" rafe replied as a matter of fact

"Yeah sure" magnus chuckled "but even I got fooled by the former queen once still i must admit they received it better than me" Magnus was really serious this time

"Yeah i know because of the former queen you broke up with dad right?"

"No it was not because of her Rafe, it was my own insecurities that led me to take that foolish step but yeah the queen sure did know how to turn our insecurities into weapon against ourselves. But this new queen...her works are far more cunning than the previous queen that's upsetting me"

"Yes Baba I'll talk with uncle Jace and set up a meeting with New York institute soon" Rafe replied understanding his father's concern.

"Are you going to visit Max" ? Rafe asked his father to ease the tension

"Not today that brat has a mission for today & he is coming tomorrow anyway so I'll take that time to finish my work and prepare a cozy dinner with my boys".

They both chatted a while more until magnus got a fire message and portel to newyork to visit someone