Chapter 23

The doorbell rang when Magnus was talking with his husband and children.

"I'll look into it," Rafe said, and Alec nodded.

Rafe approached the front door and opened it to find Leo standing there with a solemn expression.

"Good morning," Rafe said awkwardly.

"Can I come in...?"

"Oh...yes... I'm sorry please come in" . Rafe responded.

"Btw....It's afternoon..." Before entering, Leo added. He walked over to where he heard laughter and found his best friend seated near the warlock, fingers intertwined.

"You've got a lot to say...Al..." Leo muttered which drew everyone's attention to him.

"Um...hi..." Alec replied sheepishly.

"Hi....that's all you've got to say....you idiot!" yelled Leo.

Magnus looked surprised at the friends. He knew these two had a particular connection, but looking at them, he realized Alec was living a more relaxed life this time. Alec rose up and approached Leo, placing his hand on the latter's shoulder.

"Leo...believe me when I say I was going to tell you everything..."I just got a little distracted." Alec defended himself.

"Yeah, I see that...nice hickey by the way," Leo mocked, as Alec concealed the hickey in embarrassment.

"It's too late... dad" Max laughed.

"You.... stupid Nephilim...you just vanished for the entire night and texted me in the morning... saying 'Magnus and others were correct. I'm indeed Alexander Bane Lightwood, I'll tell you everything later'...that's it...."

"I was planning to come to the institute" .

"When...after one more round with your hot husband" . Alec wished he had the power to wield the rune to silence his friend, as Leo said.

"Al...I told you everything in my life....my first crush...my first kiss...my first time everything and you just closed me off like that..." Leo blurted out.

"So you're upset because I didn't call you to tell you the details?" Alec expressed his doubt.

"YESSSSS!!!!!!," Leo exclaimed, and Magnus and Max burst out laughing, while Rafe and Alec mentally face palmed.

"There's nothing to talk about it..." Alec said in an embarrassed tone.

"Are you sure... Alexander?" Magnus smirked, and Alec glared at his husband.

"See....I was right...now spill everything...how was it....you're finally no longer the virgin shadow hunter...Al....you Lost your V card....finally" Leo grinned, and Rafe began coughing violently. Before his friend could spill any more beans, Alec grabbed him and brought him to the balcony.

"Are you certain about Leo...Rafe?" Max asked, restraining a laugh.

"Why wouldn't he be...i like that child" Rafe grumbled as Magnus laughed.
.
.
"So you're Magnus husband...." In a serious tone, Leo said.

"Yes," Alec said.

"And you got angelic powers...!"

"Yes.... technically i possess the soul of an angel" he replied.

Leo stood up and said, "OK..."

"Are you really ok with it...?" Alec enquired.

"I mean yes....it's a little bit weird that I used to date your son...and told everyone that you're my fiance...but nothing can change the fact you're my bestfriend" . Leo cracked a grin and Alec nodded in a smile.

"Leo...Regarding Rafe..." Alec began.

"Al... don't...i know he's precious to you" .

"You both are," Alec said, and Leo nodded.

"So let us figure out.... about our future" . Alec sighed as Leo spoke.

"And the most important part....dude you got your self a husband" . Leo embraced his best friend.

"Correction i just regained my husband...he was and always going to be my husband" . Alec responded.

"Oh...oh... someone's in love..." Leo teased.

"So tell me the details now...who was the top...how was it...?" Leo grinned.

"Let's keep the things in the bedroom in the bedroom my friend" Alec smirked and the other whined.

"Let's go now...we have so many things to do" . Alec stated.

"Al...I'm really happy for you," Leo remarked warmly, and Alec hugged him. and mumbled a thank you after blinking away some un shaded tears.
.
.
.
"Dad... I got your files from clave" Alec received the files from Rafe.

"Which one...?" Magnus inquired.

"Years ago...when I..." Alec stopped his words and Magnus nodded in understanding. The scars are still fresh, and Alec doesn't want to poke it.

"Rafe that girl....whom you introduced me...she was your secretary right?" Alec asked his son.

"Yes dad she is my secretary....and my best friend...what happened ?"

"She seems oddly familiar..." whispered Alec.

"That can't be right... That was the first time she met you." Rafe responded.

"And she's a really good person, dad.....she single Handily handles your grumpy son," Max added, as Leo took a smell of vinegar in his lips. He doesn't enjoy the way Rafe and others talk about her.

Alec looked at Leo, who nodded in understanding.

"Oh...oh...did you guys just use telepathy?" Max inquired, his gaze drawn to his father and Leo.

"We're best friends dude..." Leo sighed and rolled his eyes.

"He's literally my father dude..."Max scoffed.

"We saw each other grow up literally...."

"He raised me"

"We saw each other naked"

"WHAT!!!!!!" Rafe and Magnus yelled suddenly in full volume and Alec sat still.

"Not like that....we just...it was... whatever...Alec I'll be back" . Leo got to his feet and dashed for the entrance.

"Leo your phone..." Rafe yelled at the speeding figure who had already passed through the entrance.

"Um... I'll give this to him," Rafe said as he approached the door. Alec turned to Max and Magnus, both of whom were staring at him with narrowed eyes.

"By the angel... this isn't gonna end well" Alec sighed and murmured.