Chapter 10

Institute

Magnus was waiting for Alec in the meeting hall he put the exact same dress and look when they first met. He was hoping to make Alec feel something by it.

"Baba what is your plan?"
Max asked his father. He was quite nervous about meeting his Dad again. He desperately wanted to make a good impression this time.

"First we have to convince Alexander to do the soul test" Magnus replied.

"What is that? Chris asked

Magnus took a deep breath and started to explain
"You know Nephilim's soul join the archangel after their death but in the case of mundane there are certain beliefs exist about reincarnations. Some believes that a soul cant attain liberation until they fulfill their karma. And some of their ancient sacred texts even mention about rituals which can test a soul".

"But its about mundane right? Shadow hunters purpose always ends with their death... That's their basic thing". Max stated in confusion.

"Yes but there's nothing wrong with checking it especially when Alexander's case is different from the very beginning. Magnus replied.

"Ok so how do we do that?"
Chris looked at Magnus who was already expecting that question.

I spoke with brother Zachariah. Fortunately he knows the ritual and he will help us so we have to bring Alec to him with his full permission. We can't force him". Magnus signed deeply.

"So what you want us to do?" Max raised a brow.

"I want both of you to take their places in the training"

"Their...."Max narrowed his eyes.

"Alexander's and that little boyfriend of him" Magnus gritted out with so much effort.

"I can understand about Dad but why the other one...we can just ignore him"

"Trust me son i know Alexander he is not gonna leave his friend behind especially when he has no trust in us".

"Understood" Chris hummed while Max nodded.

"Are you sure you can handle both of them. Max exchanged a look with his father

"I can..... but on this, Rafe will help. He can take care of that boy. They know him as the council member and no one can beat his grumpy face. So it's the best for us if he handles that boy".
Magnus had full confidence in his elder son.

"But where is Rafe?"
Chris looked around searching the room for his cousin.

"He went to Idris he has to take care of some important matter. He will join us"
Magnus replied looking at the clock on the wall.

Alec and Leo were standing at the meeting room waiting for Magnus, suddenly the door opened and 3 persons step in 2 of them were the boys from yesterday so thats max he thought seeing the boy who hugged him yesterday. His eyes went to magnus was looking damn hot his hair was styled and there was glitter evident around his eyes making it more attracting than it originally is. Alexander gulped down meanwhile Leo was shamelessly checking out magnus.

"Dude I told you it's gonna be hot .."Leo whispered to Alexander while Alec glared him.

"So Mr. Bane can we go straight to the matter". Alec tried to start a conversation without beating around the bush

"Yes Mr. Winchester" Magnus also tried to maintain the professional manner.

"So what's the plan"

"First we have to go and meet one of my friends who offered a solution to this problem"

"And why would we trust you or your friend" Leo asked.
Magnus had to stop himself from rolling his eyes with much effort while Max openly glared at Leo

"He is a silent brother and you can trust him" Magnus said with a fake smile.

"What about training?" Alec asked suspiciously.

"You dont have to worry about that they can take your place in training magnus pointed to max and Chris. And you'll be trained later for the lessons you missed directly from Jace Herondile". Magnus fake smile soon turned with a found smile towards Alec.

"Very well" Alec agreed avoiding the funny feeling in his stomach seeing the other's smile"

Max looked at his baba his lips were twitching a smirk and face was screaming mischief. Magnus knew his son was up to something, so he silently prayed for saving him from a embarrassing moment. Max steeped forward towards Alec and offered a handshake

"Hi... my name is Max Lightwood Bane I don't think we've been formally introduced". He said in flirtish tone.

That was it...Magnus mentally face palmed. He knew what his son was doing. Max was trying to make an impression by using his own fathers old and epic pickup line. Magnus just wanted the ground to swallow him.

Alec raised his brow in confusion but he tried to remain composed.

"Uhhi I'm...
Alec's voice was interrupted by a sudden shouting.

YOU SON OF A *******

Leo roared and stormed forward. Max retreated his hand and put it a defensive manner thinking that Leo was going to attack him but Leo pushed him into side and jumped on Rafe who looked like he saw a ghost. Leo pushed Rafe to the ground and started punching them. Others in the room were too stunned to move. Alec was the first one who came out of the shock he ran to Leo and tried to pull him. Leo looked like he was possessed he continued to punch Rafe with full force.

Alec looked at Magnus who suddenly gained his concessions. Magnus used his magic and pulled Leo from Rafe. Rafe's face looked bloody and Magnus was pretty sure that his son's nose was broken. Max and Chris helped Rafe to stand up while Alec tried to calm Leo who was still jumping and kicking in the air while cursing.

"Leo...what are you doing?" Alec shouted at the other

"Al...stay out this Im gonna kill him" Leo growled

"Leo is that you....?"

Rafe asked wiping he blood from the corner of his mouth. Others looked at him confused

"How dare you utter my name after what you've done....you bloody cockroach good for nothing giraffe"

"You know him...?" Alec asked Leo in confusion

"Unfortunately yes...Al.. he's the reason for everything". Tears were forming in his eyes.

"Leo calm down....tell me" Alec put his hands in the others shoulder and Leo hugged him in tears.

"It's him...he is the one" Leo mumbled through hiccups. Alec looked at Rafe with wide eyes understanding Leo's word.

"He is my ex boyfriend the one who destroyed my life".

"What" Magnus yelled in disbelief.He looked at his son who was looking down with pain and.....guilt ?.

"Leo please it's not what you think....Baby...just hear me once".
Rafe tried to move forward while wiping his tears. His heart was breaking seeing the other's state.

"You stay away from him"
Alec warned Rafe with venom dripping from his tone.

Rafe looked at him horrified. He just came with lots of hope and happiness to see his father again but suddenly every hope crashed into dust. He never thought his past would come to him like this.
Magnus looked torn between his husband who is trying hard to console Leo who's looking like having a panic attack,and his son who is getting paler by each second pass. Magnus sighed and took his son's hand in his hand while side hugging him.strangely Alec felt relief by seeing that.

"We will take our leave" Alec grabbed the Leo and get out the room.

"I'll help" Chris immediately volunteerd and helped Leo without waiting for a reply. Alec felt thankful for the boy and nodded. They left the room leaving three much shocked people behind.

"Dad....." Rafe mumbled in a shattered voice looking at the leaving figures and hugged Magnus who himself had no idea how to handle the situation.