Chapter 21

They were laying in bed,Magnus was lying on his husband's chest and Alec was playing with the warlock's hair.

"I missed those cat eyes," Alec told Magnus.

"I missed your blue eyes too.... but When did your memories return ?" Magnus inquired of the other.

"Yesterday during the ritual..."Alec was still feeling guilty for his actions.

"Then why did you...?"

Alec sat up and took a long breath. Magnus turned to face his husband.

"Magnus, i need to tell you something...i know it's hard to believe....the thing is that I'm an angel..." Alec explained.

"I know..." Magnus smiled.

"You knew...?!" Alec replied in confusion.

"Yes...i knew you were the angel in my life the moment I laid eyes on you, Alexander." Alec sighed as Magnus smiled brightly.

'this husband of mine...' Alec mumbled.

He grabbed Magnus's hand in his and placed it on his chest. Magnus' jaw fell in surprise as light began to burst from Alec. After a few seconds, Alec took control of the light.

"This is what I'm saying..." Alec murmured to his surprised husband, and Magnus was still stunned.

"You....you're really...how" Magnus managed to inquire.

"I'll tell you the whole story..."Alec began telling his husband the entire story. Magnus was taken aback when he heard the truth.

"Alexander, this is a lot to take in," Magnus murmured but soon something suddenly snapped in his head.

"It wasn't an accident you were murdered..." Magnus raged.

"Yes, it wasn't an accident..." Alec admitted "I'm sure it was planned by someone from Clave," he added.

"From clave....but who from clave will work with demons to hurt you" .

"That's something we need to sort out soon...when I regained my memories, all I wanted to do was hold you in my arms Magnus, but I realized I couldn't endanger you and our children's safety...I have to make sure that everyone will believe that I was just Winchester....But I went above and beyond and hurt you" Magnus' gaze softened as Alec sighed.

"Alexander It's OK... all that matters now is that you're with me."

Magnus leaned forward and rested his head on his husband's chest.

"No, it's not. I should have remembered everything...Magnus, I put you and the kids through hell."

Alec's voice was tinged with guilt.

"I once heard that relationships take effort" .

Magnus remarked, chuckling. Alec cracked a smile slightly as he remembered the event.

"Yeah"

"I always thought that you're the angel in my life and turned out you're indeed one" Magnus said with a smile.

"With wings," Alec added.

"Do you really have one?" Magnus asked, beaming.

"I can feel them but don't know how to make them appear" . Alec replied

"Oh, Alexander, you're making all my wild fantasies come true...I'm so going to get the devil's horn so we can make it spicier next time,"

Magnus laughed and Alec said nothing, watching his husband laugh calmed his heart.

"What....?" Magnus gazed at smiling husband.

"Just looking at you..." Alec responded, and Magnus pressed his lips against his husband's.

"We need to tell the kids, Alexander..." Magnus said.

"They are aware," Alec replied. He must inform Magnus of what occurred. Magnus gazed at him, puzzled.

"After Catherine put you to sleep, something happened. Max and Rafe were on a mission when they were attacked by mutants."

"What..." Magnus yanked away from Alec.

"Hey, hey...relax, they're OK now...Jace and I arrived on time... They're both in the institute... safe... Magnus."

"I should've known," Magnus said, his voice trembling.

"Magnus, it's not your fault our kids have always had their own way of doing things...to be honest, I'm very proud of them Magnus....They grow up to be amazing...I'm simply sorry I didn't get to see them grow up."

"It wasn't your fault Alexander...you..."

"Died," Alec said flatly.

"Don't speak that word... Alexander" Magnus' heart still hurts thinking about that dreadful day and Alec felt bad seeing his husband.

"I'll never leave you....never again....i promise"

Magnus smiled sadly as Alec kissed his husband on the lips. Alec smiled as something flashed through his head.

"You actually missed something... Magnus," Alec murmured, and Magnus glanced at him puzzled.

"Angels are immortal."

Magnus' breath came to a halt when Alec said those words. How could he have missed that...Angels are immortals, and his Alexander has the soul of an angel... he's now an immortal... nothing can separate them... they can be together for all eternity. It took a minute for Magnus to register that idea. He sobbed as he hugged Alec. Alec reciprocated the hug with the same feelings. There will be no more separation or dread of abandoning the other.

"I...." Magnus murmured.

"I know...." Alec smiled in tears. Alec doesn't need words from his husband to understand his feelings because he's also feeling the same.

They both lingered in each other's arms for a long time, listening to the music of each other's heartbeats.