Chapter 14

Alec entered the room and looked around to find himself alone, which means that Leo is not there. He dialed Leo's phone number, which went directly to voice mail.

"I really hope I don't have to hear the news of high councilor's death first thing in the morning."

After putting the phone aside, Alec grumbled. Alec spent the evening checking important paperwork from the office. His brother had gone on a business trip to Paris, leaving him in charge.

"Why does the government have to raise prices on everything...? I'd rather deal with demons from hell than this mundane life," he murmured, closing the laptop in frustration as he watched Leo walk in...or...limp in.

"Did you get into a fight with Rafael ?"Alec stood up and asked his friend.

"Um...no," Leo responded sheepishly.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Leo...Look at yourself, your lips are bleeding, your hair looks like a bird nest, and it's defiantly not your clothes that you're wearing....And oh my god you've got some punch marks on your neck...Thats it Im calling Magnus". Alec reached for his phone.

It's not what it looks like be....Al believe me," Leo said desperately.

"No..I'm not going leave you two like this...How could he punch you?" Alec was about to dial the number when Leo screamed.

"Ok fine I SLEPT WITH HIM"

"What" Alec's jaw dropped open.

"My lips are like this because of intense kissing, and I'm wearing his shirt because he tore mine, and these marks aren't punch marks, they're called hickeys...so yes, I slept with Rafael Lightwood Bane, the high councilor of clave," Leo stated with an 'I'm done' tone.

"How did this happen to...? I thought you went to talk." With a thump, Alec sat down.

"Yes, I did...When you left to get lunch with Max, Rafe visited me and said he needed to talk...we both didn't want to make a fuss here...like we did in the morning, so he drove me to our apartment.

"Your old place ?" Alec asked.

"Yes...the same place where we were both living at the time." Leo confirmed

"He still has it?" Alec raised his eyebrow in amusement

"Surprisingly, he still owns it...Everything was the same: the books, the furniture, our photos, and my guitar and other things , which he still maintained".

"Sounds romantic," Alec said.

I'm not going to argue with that...I don't know what came into me for a while I was looking at everything, but I know how or when I grabbed him for a kiss...One thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was naked and moaning beneath him.

"Stop right there, I don't need any more information." Alec made an awful expression.

"Your loss." Leo grinned.

"Are you guys all together now?" Alec asked the other.

"No, I told him it was a one-time event...That's all there is to it. He said that he understands.."

"One time, huh?" Alec snorted.

"Yes," Leo stated strongly.

Alec sighed, "I can't believe you broke his jaw in the morning and slept with him in the evening."

"Well, he also broke my waist...He used to be such a kind soul..Now its...Wild...Not that I'm complaining....still the grip though"

Alec picked up a pen and threw it at his rambling friend.

Clave

Rafe sat back at the chair, studying over documents, but his mind was still on Leo. He wasn't expecting to be so intimate with the other like that. After Leo, he never touched anyone else. Rafe closed himself from everyone and kept him all to himself. But when Leo kissed him he unleashed all his hidden feelings in bed. His pain, anger,  love, yearning everything, but when the other told him it was a one-time thing, it broke Rafe. He wanted Leo to return, to accept his love. He knew it sounded selfish but he loved the other that much to hope for impossible. Rafe inhaled deeply.

"May i come in Mr Lightwood Bane" A female voice bloomed to the voice. Rafe looked up to find his assistant Lydia with some files.

 Rafe looked up to find his assistant Lydia with some files

"Lydia...Don't tell me you've new files" Rafe groaned in frustration.

Lydia was more of a friend to Rafe than an employee. Scratch that she is his only friend. It's been almost 7 years since Lydia started working with him and eventually grew close to each other. Others found it weird how she managed to put up with him for so long.

"Yes, you do...if you had planned things before travelling to New York, we wouldn't have had to work overtime like this." She groaned.

"Told you it was really urgent" Rafe sighed.

"Urgent much that you forgot to hide the hickey..huh?" Lydia smirked.

"Oh...shit" Rafe tried to hide it by hand.

"It's too late for that...tell me who destroyed your walls, dude...I thought you'd die like a saint."

"Who else?" Rafe grinned?

"Don't tell me....your ex?" She exclaimed.

"The one and only" Rafe smirked.

"Oh my goodness...you guys back together...Rafe, I'm so happy for you..." Lydia giggled.

"Not yet ... We saw each other...talked... which eventually resulted in this" Rafe pointed to his neck with a sigh.

"Oh..." She nodded "So....what now ?" She asked.

"He told me to forget about it...but I think this time I should court him properly."

"All the best...you've been waiting for him for years...don't let him go," she said with a smile. "And please finish the files so I can find someone and get laid as well," she added as she walked away.