Chapter 13

Max was wandering inside the institute's corridors, his mind lost among many things. He wasn't sure how to convince his dad of his identity or how to deal with the matter with Leo. Suddenly he collided into someone.

"I'm so sorry...he apologized and looked up to see that it was none other than his dad.

"It's fine" Alec replied.

Max didn't want to go on his dad's bad side. It was the reason he decided to avoid the other until he was prepared to deal with him. He cursed his luck and looked at Alec serching for words.
Meanwhile for Alec Max looked like a lost puppy who need pattings.

"Are you ok..You seem... lost" Alec asked the other

"Hm...yeah...I'm fine... totally fine"
Max suddenly replied with a not so obvious awkward smile.

"Oh ok....hm..are you going to the cafeteria?.

"Eh..." Max confusedly looked around and came to realise that he was indeed in the cafeteria corridor.

"Hmm..Yeah. I was hungry so thought about eating lunch early" he lied.

"Early....i think you're late.. lunch time is over" Alec said to the other.

"Is that so? Um...I got confused in time". Max scratched his nape.

"But what brings you here? I told them to send your lunch to your room...you didn't get it?" Max asked with concern

"Actually, when Leo is mad or upset, he has a habit of overeating.So he ate my lunch as well".Alec replied in an awkward manner.

Max burst out laughing. 'So this was Rafe's idol type' he blurted in his mind.

"So what about you and I grab lunch from outside. Consider it as my treat".Max proposed.

"Isn't that against the rules?" Alec does not want to violate any rules.....yet.

'Of course Max..Dad and his rules...come on think of a way...think' Max pushed himself in his head

"Well you know....I'm a warlock so not all rules of Nephilims are applicable for me..."
Max wasn't lied about that part but he wasn't allowed to go out without permission either. 'Aunt Izzy will make me her juice he wisperd'.

"But..."Alec was still unsure.

"Ah...come on it's just a lunch....Please...." Max made his popular puppy face which can make everyone melt.

"Fine..."Alec sighed. "So, are we taking a taxi or walking ?"

"Ever tried a portal..?" Max grinned showing his pretty little horns.

"I should've known better... he's a little devil" Alec mumbled. You better not try any trick with me" Alec said with a sharpen look.

" I promise it's just lunch you and me nothing else"
Max said with a wide smile. Alec had a gut feeling not to trust that, however he shrugged it off.

"I'll grab my coat... wait here".

Alec said to the other and went to his room. Soon Max created a portal and they both reached a restaurant.

"So where are we this place seems different than New York?". Alec asked, taking a look out the window at the beautiful view from the restaurant. The place was not very big . It was cozy and just the way Alec liked it.

"Welcome to Alicante Mr. Winchester" Max cheered.

"Alicante....WHAT....ALICANTE!!!
You told me that we are just going to grab lunch then why do you brought me to Alicante"