Chapter 18

With an aching heart, Alec returned to the institution. He stood in front of the institute, recalling history in his life. His memories include Jace, his sister Claire, his mother, his younger brother, and, most importantly, his husband and children. Alec's face lit up with pride as he remembered his children...both of them had grown into capable adults...he felt pleased as a parent but also sad that he had missed so much of their life. He walked through the door to the arena where he, Jace, and Izzy practiced.

"What brought you here...." Jace inquired of Alec. He had already received the fire message from Rafe, informing him of what had occurred in Idris.

"If you want to quit the program or complain then you should go to the head of the institute...the fault lies in us and we'll accept the punishment" he said.

He was wounded by the ritual's outcome as he desperately wanted his parabatai and best buddy to return...but now he has no choice but to accept the bitter reality.

"That was my line," Alec explained.

"What"

"We're Lightwoods, we break noses and accept punishment," Alec said with a little smile.

"You...." Jace's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or to return from following after thee"

Jace eyes welled up with tears as Alec said the vow.

"For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people will be my people, and thy God my God".

Alec was also shedding tears as he said those things. He raised his hand, and Jace quickly accepted it and held him while sobbing.

"Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Angel do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and me".

They both stated it at the same time, and Jace burst out crying as he hugged his parabatai firmly.

"You're back...." muttered Jace.

Alec responded, "Yes... I'm sorry, Jace."

"Nothing matters...you're back, that's all that matters," Jace broke down.

"Alec..."

Alec and Jace returned their attention to find a troubled Izzy standing in front of them, followed by Claire and Simon.

"Izzy..." murmured Alec.

Isabella gasped and raced to embrace her brother. Her entire universe, which had shattered when she lost her brothers, was restored to her.

.
.
.
"I still can't believe you're back," Simon murmured, amused, and Alec smiled.

"But Rafe told me that... you're not...i mean.."

"There's a lot of things Jace...but for now I want to keep things between us only" . Alec responded.

"But...Alec you need to tell Magnus and your kids...they deserve to know" . Clarie stated.

"I'll...trust me it took all my will power to resist the eyes of Magnus and Rafe back then...but I was in idris and they conducted such a ritual without much secrecy i couldn't risk the enemy knowing me that I'm back" . Alec let out a sigh.

"What enemy...what are you talking about Alec" Isabella asked her brother with confusion.

"It's quite difficult...When I died the last time... I was murdered by someone..."

"What..." shouted Izzy.

"But it was a failed mission... right...we even investigated throughout it but...never found anything suspicious" remarked Clarie.

"I had the same thought, but... during the ritual, I met an angel." He was the one who gave me the truth, and he also warned me that whatever murdered me in the past would come for me and my family."

"You met an angel..." said Jace.

"Yeah...his name is Castiel... related to Winchesters actually".

"Then meet Magnus tomorrow... considering his situation, I think that would be fine," Simon said.

"What situation..." Simon realized what he had just blurted when he looked at Alec.

"Did anything happen.... answer me Simon" Isabella sighed as Alec raised his voice at the vampire.

Isabella stated, "Magnus collapsed."

"What....!!"

"After you left him in idris things got a little messy... his magic got out of control...Catherine and brother Zachariah put him under spell to sleep" . Max also went there, and he and Rafe returned Magnus to their apartment. Alec sat down in defeat while Isabella narrated. Whatever he does, he will always end up hurting his family.

"He's fine, Alec..don't worry," Jace said as he patted his friend on the shoulder.

Suddenly, a fire message flew across them, which Jace captured.

"This kids...." Jace clenched his teeth.

"What happened?" Clarie inquired, perplexed.

"Apparently Max thought about hunting some demons would calm him down and gone for a mission unplanned but this time with his brother" .

"What..." shouted Alec.

"Welcome to Parenthood Part 2 Alec," Simon chuckled.

"Jace get ready...I'll take my bow...I need to have a serious conversation with my sons," Alec clinched his jaw.

"Gladly," Jace said, smirking.