Chapter 12

Leo was sitting at the bed when Alec reached their room. He looked around the room to find the presence of the glittery warlock.

"Magnus..?" He asked the other who looked lost in another world.

"He left a while ago...got a fire message" Leo replied.

"Hmm" Alec sat beside Leo and touched his forehead.

"Fever is down" Alec said in a pleased tone. Leo has a nature of falling ill suddenly which always makes him worry.

"Magnus helped....blue sparkles of magic.... He is not that bad you know" Leo chuckled. "I guess he wanted to create a clear climate between us"

"Can't blame him you both were at each other's throat all the time."

"Magnus told me that you went to meet Rafe...Did you guys talk?"

"Hmm"

"How did it go?" Leo doesn't bother to hide his curiosity from his best friend.

"He never wanted to leave.... you took the letter he was supposed to destroy and left." Alec knew it's been years but Leo deserves to know the truth.

"Then why did he never try to contact me?".

"Don't you remember....After that incident, we pretty much wiped your existence, and it was understandable knowing that you also lied about your identity."

"Still...."

"He heard you were happy with your new boyfriend and chose not to ruin your happy normal mundane life...so he walked away. "

"I can't forgive him Al....I understand that it wasn't completely his fault still the past it scares me."

"I'm not asking you to do so... it's completely your decision"

"Do you think I'm bad for being like this?"

"No...Never You've been through a lot Leo but as a friend I think you should give him a proper chance to apologize. You both deserve a better conclusion."

Leo didn't give a reply to that he closed his eyes in deep thought. It wasn't like that he was cruel. He was afraid to get hurt again. Call him coward but he doesn't want to re live that agony ever again.

Max's room

"He didnt beat you....I thought Dad was gonna beat you up" Max asked his brother

"Is that why you left dear brother?" Rafe looked at his brother questionly

"Well...who am I to come between you and dad" Max averted his eyes with an awkward smile

"Brother of the year" Jace mumbled.

"So let me get this straight your ex boyfriend is currently dating Alec aka your father. So your ex is technically your step father."
Simon asked while calculating in air. "Wow this is more complicated than i thought" he mumbled.

"What step father...they haven't married yet" Rafe whisper yelled.

"Uncle Jace do you have any idea how to clear this mess." Max asked his uncle with desperate eyes.

"Trust me kid back at our days me and clary only knew how to make mess. It was Alec and Magnus who did all the work Jace scratched his nape."

"Perfect so baba is our only hope." Max sat on the chair with a sigh.

"What about Winchester family. Did you get any clue" Jace asked Simon.

"Nothing odd". Simon replied.

"No tell us everything there must be something" Max said

"Ok so I got some medical records which states that the Winchester couple had some medical concerns, so they adopted a child. Years later, Alec was born, and the pair identified the oldest child as the heir not Alec even if he is their flesh and blood.... They are fairly good people."

"Then why haven't they revealed anything about Alec till now...isn't it strange?" Jace said with a serious tone.

"Mrs. Winchester, as previously said, had serious health problems and a history of miscarriages. According to the medical documents, Alec was born prematurely. So I believe it was natural for them to feel a bit protective". Simon replied.

Rafe took the records from the table and started checking it.

"How did you get these records?" He asked looking at the medical records.

"Well I've my ways....are you impressed ?" Simon replied with a smugness.

"Not impressed but I found it odd" Rafe said in a strange tone.

"Why?" Both Simon and Jace said in unison.

"I understand the part why they wanted to hide their son's existence from the world, but how did they not succeed in erasing the family's medical records?"

"Maybe it was a mistake... a slip up." Jace replied and Simon nodded.

"No Rafe is correct. Actually, a family that is powerful enough to hide everything else from the world missed to hide this small but crucial part... it's indeed strange" Max said agreeing with his brother.

"Or...More like someone is giving us a hint" Rafe said with a grim expression.

"From inside the family....?" Jace asked his nephew

"Seems so" Rafe also had his doubts but he knows one thing in the shadow world slip ups are mostly the other side of traps.

"Why would they do that?" Simon asked in confusion

"We have to find out" Max said while looking at his brother.

"In our data Alec was born in this hospital. That's why I checked up on this hospital and got this information."
Simon told the others.

"This hospital is located in Newyork right why would the Winchesters come to this hospital for treatment?" Rafe asked.

"Rafe is right...This whole thing is strange We've to go there again maybe we can find something more" Jace said.

"I'll go with uncle Simon. The training program is still going on. It will create unnecessary problems if you left like that" Rafe tried to convence his uncle.

"Ok" Jace replied knowing the fact that he's not that careless shadow hunter anymore who created mess wherever he walked. Now he has responsibilities and limits. He sighed.

Simon and Rafe left without wasting anymore time.

"Take your ex with you that will solve half of the problem" Max yelled at his brother who returned a glare.

"Max....."Jace warned his nephew

'Sorry' Max mumbled.