Chapter 3

Magnus Apartment

(Author's POV)

Magnus was reading some files when suddenly a portal opened in the hall.

"Thought you're coming tomorrow"

Magnus asked eyeing on the one who appeared through the portal

"Missed you too Baba...."

Max replied while hugging his baba like a kola

"Missed you more my brat"
Magnus chuckled

"Now spill what happened ?"
Magnus asked putting the file aside

"Isn't it obvious... I miss my Baba..."
Max released the hug and took 2 steps from his baba.

"Max......"
Magnus voice was now serious

"Well....Baba....i may have gone to more missions than permitted.....may have aunt Izzy found out and may have kicked my ass out.…..but only for temporary I'm joining uncle Jace in supervising training program for the newbies tomorrow.

"That's a lot of May.... And how did Izzy agreed on you training the new shadow hunters ?"

"Because I'm Max Lightwood Bane...and Uncle Jace helped a little bit.." Max winked

Magnus knows why Jace asked Izzy for permission, because Max will stay with him at the institute safe... instead of going for missions unprepared. They all know Max can handle pretty much all nasty situations. Even they themselves were pretty much adventurous at their age but now the problem is, they're not only shadow hunters but also parents ... More than everything they all faced great loses in life. They're pretty much like mundanes when it comes to their kids and Magnus understood that fear very correctly.

"Baba....are you there"
Max waved his hands.

"Yeah...So what about you and me cooking together. I'll tell Rafe to join for dinner.  oh my kid... you seem to lose some weight and here i thought they changed the chef at the institute. These stupid nephilms will never care about tasty food."

Magnus caressed his son's hair lovingly.

Dad you know i can summon food at the institute and it's just been one week since I last came here...."

Max rolled his eyes at his father's overprotective nature 

"Don't roll your eyes at your father brat"

"Yeah yeah "

<Time skip>

The family was having dinner peacefully while talking to each other and mostly Max teasing his older brother while Rafe was trying to put some braincells into his carefree brother.

"So did you thought about joining Alacante"

Rafe asked Max while his eyes was still fixed on plate

"My answer is gonna be the same big brother I'm fine with New York I've a life there"

Max scoffed he couldn't understand why his brother is so adamant on keeping him in front of eyes all the time.