Chapter 6

Magnus's Apartment

(Author's POV)

"Baba did you get the fire message?"

Panic was evident in the voice of Rafe.

"Yeah it says it's really urgent....you want me to portal ?"

Magnus was tensed too...He was surprised when he got the fire message from Clarie telling them to come to the institute as soon as possible.

"I'm sure Max had done something again. I told you to send him to me that brat is gonna give me gray hair i swear"

Rafe grumbled remembering the last time when he got the fire message like this to see his gravely injured brother lying in hospital bed after going on a mission unannounced.

"It's gonna be ok Rafe he's fine, well at least physically...."

Magnus tried to assure his son.

"If something happens to both of you you know i can tell"

He rubbed the red stoned bracelet in his hand. After last time he made a charm to link Max and Rafe's physical spirit channel with himself so he can feel when something went wrong.

Institute

A shiny portal opened in the middle of the meeting hall and Max ran to hug the first  person who came out of that.

"Baba"

His voice was weak... and he hugged his father tightly.That had caught both Magnus and Rafe off guard Max was on his original warlock look without any glamour Magnus knew that his son is now very  low in energy and couldn't maintain his glamour...and the question is....what made him this weak both physically and mentally
What happened son.

"What happened son?...."

Magnus asked his son while hugging him back meanwhile Rafe was looking at the others questionly trying to read their grim faces.

"Who hurt him...."

Rafe's eyes were dangerously grim. His family was his only weakness and he promised his dad to look after his brother so seeing his brother in pain wasn't an option for him.

"For goodness sake can anyone care to explain what's happening or do we have to look at each other's faces like this Rafe snapped".

"Simon..."
Izzy called her husband for help.
Simon took a deep breath and pulled Max away from Magnus.

"You need to calm down kid" Simon whispered.

"Magnus and Rafe, we have something really important to tell you"
Jace began to talk.

"Stop with the formalities Jace you're getting me anxious"
Magnus crossed his arms.

"We need you to look into this file" Claire gives a  file to Magnus.

"What's this new shadow hunters file to anything with me"
Magnus was genuinely confused.

"Please Magnus open it.... You'll understand."
Izzy said while preparing for the worse.

Magnus opened the file and his breath hitched.

"Alexander...."

He slowly spoke while looking at the photo of a young shadow hunter. He felt dizzy that he stumbled backwards Rafe was quick enough to catch him and his eyes felt on the file which his father held.

"Dad ....how..."
he managed to utter.

"We don't know Rafe all we know is his name is Alaxander whinchester. We checked every detail, he's the youngest son of Winchesters 18 years old." Clarie said. "He looks exactly like our Alec. But he doesn't seem to recognise Max or us. He was born and brought up in Ireland. Every detail is genuine" she added.

"Whinchesters?" Rafe asked?.

"Yeah the same one"
Clarie confirmed.

While Izzy's eyes were fixed on Magnus who seems to be having an inner conflict with himself.

"I need to see him where is he?" Magnus asked.

"Magnus you need to calm down first we can't just barge into his room like that..."

Clarie spoke while taking a step towards magnus she can't even imagine what magnus is going through but she didn't want Magnus to do something which is gonna cause problems."

"You don't tell me What to do Clarisa Herondile."

Magnus snapped. His eyes and was bloodshot and aura was deadly. No one saw Mangus like this in centuries even when alec died he was broken but now he is showing all his royal glory...and him calling Clarie her full name caught clarie off guard she wasn't gonna lie she was scared. not only her but also everyone in that room was scared of this Magnus.

Magnus i can understand your pain but we don't know if he is our Alec. Even if we wanted him to be our Alec the facts say that he is not...."

Jace's voice was filled with sorrow.

"Like hell you'll understand my pain my loss you nephilm..He was your parabatai yes, i know. a part of your soul died with him yes I know,  but for me he was my world he was my everything and everything was taken away from me in a heartbeat. I stood there watching my man die helplessly in my arms. I saw him taking his last breath.... Do you know the pain of loneliness for centuries.... my yearnings for for love?  The pain of  thousands of heartbreaks.... and everything was gone when he came into my life....the peace Alexander brought me into my chaos do you know that ? and  how it feels like not being able to save that person....that one person who had given you everything you yearned for centuries...you don't know... nothing Jace Herondile.... nothing"

Mangus tore the page from the file and  threw the file in his hand with a red energy blow.Everyone in the room trembled a little even Max and Rafe were getting scared of seeing this side of their Baba.

"You don't want to tell me fine...I'll find him as my own"
Magnus said and stormed towards the door.

Suddenly Izzy stopped in front of him

"I'm not stopping you Magnus. I'll never.. but you need to know i lost both my brothers first Max then Alec... even if we're nephilms and prepared for war and death from childhood losing him...it did broke me...You know that. There's nothing in the world will stop me from finding out the truth. But you need to control yourself... you don't wanna hurt him Magnus please...."

Her words stopped Magnus...He once promised Alec that he'll protect his sister until her last breath. He took a deep breath and controlled his flames.His cat eyes are now back to normal ones.

"I have to see him Izzy i need to...his voice was soft...almost inaudible.

Izzy nodded and looked at Simon. " Take Simon with you for my sake....Izzy whispered"

"Max.... stay with Rafe..and Rafe....take care of him.' Simon told them and walked with Magnus following him.

"Are you sure about this Izzy....? You know Simon can't control Magnus if he's out of control"

Jace was now looking at his sister.

I know that Jace but he needs someone there and we can't control ourselves around that Alec so how can we stay with Magnus...that's why I send Simon..."

"Izzy is right Jace. Sending Simon is the best option we have"

Clarie had full faith on her parabatai. Sometimes it's better to let things go with the flow. Clarie added patting her husband's shoulder.

"Rafe take Max to his room and stay there for today. You both need each other. I'll tell Chris to make the arrangements"

Izzy said to the boys who nodded in reply.