Chapter 2

New york institute
(Author's pov)

"What is my next assignment Aunt Izzy i mean ma'am Izzy what i really meant is..... Ma'am"

There stood Max lightwood Bane tried to maintain his over exiting self.

( MAX LIGHTWOOD BANE - 23 years old- First and only Warlock shadow hunter in the history of New York institute- Youngest Son of Magnus Bane Lightwood and Alexander Bane Lightwood )

"I still can't believe they named you after my younger brother yet you've turned into this walking speaking havoc my dear nephew"

Izabella still finds this amusing that Max is her brother Jace's favourite with his all his usual chavoitic behaviour.

"Well what can I say i got all the charms in the family"
Max giggled as he sat on the chair
"So about my mission....."

"Absolutely not.. young man even if you're a warlock set your limits.Too much work is harmful even for a warlock Maxie.. "
Izzy said with a hint of concern in her voice

"Too much is my middle name dear aunt" 
Max said making a head bow

"Don't make me call your dear father or your brother sweet nephew "
Izzy played her last card which successfully silenced max.

"Fine the newbies are coming tomorrow right..... If i unconsciously irritated the hell out of them don't blame me then"
Max yelled while running from the room

"Slow down brat"
Izzy smiled seeing the running figure of her nephew

"He didn't even greet me"
Simon stated as a matter of fact with pouting.

"Well you know him, Angels fitted wings on his legs...that kid is always running "
Izzy hugged her sulking husband

"And.... you're too handsome to go unnoticed my dear husband"

She added .After all these years Izzy still  knows how to pamper her daylighter.

"Yeah that's true"
Simon giggled while hugging his wife.

Training Ground

The training ground as they call it, the massive Ariana was  witnessing the spar of a father and his son ,Jace Herondile and Christopher Herondile.

( CHRISTOPHER HERONDILE - 20 years old- Youngest son of Jace Herondile and Clarie Herondile)

"You need to focus less on paper work and more on your fighting skills son"

The legendary shadow hunter said to the panting young man

"Not everybody can do both dad"

Chris replied with a scoff 

"What about your aunt Izzy and mom they both are good at both"

"Wonder woman... dad or women wonder...they can do anything "

"Not gonna argue about that"
Jace put down the sword and took a wooden spar.

"By the angel I'm tired dad can we do it tomorrow...plzzz"

Chris asked with his puppy eyes. It's nothing but true that Chris had Clarie's eyes and that's the only weakness of Jace after that person herself

"Spare the child... how about hand in hand with me old man.."
Max walked to them with sparkling fingers

"Old man huh"

Jace made scoff while Chris was making a mental note to treat his cousin later before running away from the duo.
It wasn't an understatement that even the great Jace has difficulties with sparring the young warlock not because of the age but to the fact that the other person went through training under the supervision of Magnus from childhood. Magnus never left any chance to make his kids strong when he had already lost enough.
After one hour of practice they found themselves taking a break from exhaustion we'll not for Max of course...duh.

"So Izzy kicked your ass out  huh..?"
Jace asked while opening a water bottle

"Not really"

"Then"

"Well she banned me from taking another mission soon that's it..."

"So what now"

"I was thinking about visiting dad i promised him dinner tomorrow but it looks like I'll be learning some potions today"

Max's face bloomed with a smile thinking about his Baba.
Magnus is still in alacante right ?

"Yeah you know he can't stay away from dad.Thank the angles i was born warlock otherwise without portal i should've been stuck between newyork and alacante."

Jace was deep in thought
It's been years since Alec had passed away but he can't still forget the heart wrenching pain of losing his parabatai and to be Frank deep down Jace thought it may take some years but eventually Magnus will move on. After seeing his all his sufferings Jace don't want Magnus to be trapped in his past either. But Magnus...he is a man of his word and he made it clear that despite the dying wish of Alec he won't be taking any other partner.

Uncle are you alright..... ?

Max voice brought him back to reality

"Yeah... I was just thinking about some things"

"About Dad..?"

"Hmm"

"Did you.....miss him ?" Pain was evident in Max's voice.

"He was my parabatai Max a part of my soul died with him"

"I'm sorry uncle"
Max eyes was full of unshead tear.

"Max....I.." Jace leaned to hug his nephew

"Leave it...what about you help me with aunt Izzy with training the newbies"
Max turned his face avoiding Jace's eyes

"Are you serious ?" Jace asked raising an eyebrow

"Of course I'm....I truly want to supervise the training with you....plz uncle"

Jace chuckled at the childish nature of Max

"I'll try... but first you've to promise me you'll behave"

"Yes !!!!!"
Max made jump from where he sat.

"This kid is totally bi-polar"
Jace mumbled seeing now jumping Max

"But can you convince aunt Izzy she was adamant and threatened me to call baba"

It's not that Max didn't believe his uncle but when it comes to Isabella Luis in her 'Head of the institute' mode... she is scary.

"I can I'm her big brother... but you have to promise me you'll behave no pranking no cursing and.... definitely no flirting"

Jace added remembering all those previous events where Max almost made  himself kicked out from the institute. This kid has no filter and no shame when it comes to flirting all most half of the institute is victim of that. Spare the institute he even flirt with demons in missions. If this continued Rafel himself made it clear that he's gonna kick Max's pretty Little ass out of the institute and Jace is quite sure he can't bare to be apart from his little chaos.

"Roger that"
Max made a dramatic bow to his uncle who chuckled at his antics.