Chapter 25

Max and Chris portaled to Bacon Hills, where they discovered Winchester's office. Bacon Hills are said to be one of the most deadly places on Earth, with all types of supernatural beings roaming freely. They noticed the pack emblem on the building, which proved the location. Max approached a lady in the reception.

"Excuse me, Miss. We are from the New York Institute of Shadow Hunters, and we are here to see Mr. Winchester."
Chris spoke with a delightful but powerful tone.

The teenage warlock and shadow hunter's overwhelming aura caught the lady off guard.

"Have you made an appointment..?" She asked.

"I'm afraid not, but could you please phone him and say we're from the New York Institute? sent by uncle i mean Mr Alexander Winchester his brother" Chris replied.

She nodded and made a phone call.

Max was clearly skeptical about seeking assistance from an unknown alpha, despite the fact that he was technically his uncle.

"You both can go inside," the lady said, pointing the way.

Chris opened the door and noticed a young man in his late twenties staring at them with serious eyes. Max's mouth dropped upon seeing the other.

 Max's mouth dropped upon seeing the other

"He's hot..." Max murmured, and Chris elbowed him.

"He is technically your uncle," Chris whispered to the other.

"Technically, not...adopted," Max replied quietly.

"Are you going to stand there or explain why you're here?" The young alpha asked in a forceful tone.

"Yeah Dad...I mean your brother wants you to come with us to the seelie court the queen kidnapped my brother and Leo"

"What..." The Alpha yelled.

"When?" he asked, his eyes flaming red.

"It's been over an hour.... Dad and Baba went to Seelie court alone, as the queen demanded and Dad requested for your help because werewolves have an advantage in the Seelie world.

"By dad, he means your brother...it's complicated, but we'll explain later." Chris added.

"It's fine, I already know everything.... I'm Derak Winchester Brother of Alexander...it would have been good if we met under better circumstances."

"Nice to meet you, Sir...I'm Chris Herondale," Chris said.

"You can call me Derak," he remarked to Chris before turning to Max.

"And i believe you're Max Lightwood Bane...my younger nephew"

"Adopted"

Max interjected, and the alpha chuckled, and Max swears to angel that this man's smile with those dimples is the best he has ever seen.

"Um...I mean," Max scratched the back of his neck.

"Explain what happened in detail... we need a plan," Derak said, as the others described the entire event.

"The Seelies are crafty and have eyes everywhere, except in select spots that are protected by old magic. Bacon Hills is one of those places."
Derak started to explain.

"No offence but don't we need a pack to attack the queen"

"No....believe me, the new queen is on the throne just because of her royal lineage; she is the illegitimate child of the last queen, desperate for power and recognition...If we prove that she is unworthy, she will be alone."

"But what if we fail? Do we not need a backup plan? My entire family is at risk," Max reasoned.

"Listen nephew..."

"Adopted" Max grumbled.

"Okay, listen here, adopted nephew...if my brother wanted a pack, he should have asked me to bring my pack with me because I am the alpha of Bacon Hills, but he wants me alone, which verifies my opinion".

"I don't understand" Chris said in confusion.

"It's our style if he attacks i protect if i attack he protects...Normally it's me who attacks first...but here we need to reach there and analyse the situation...Alec has the angelic powers he can handle the queen alone... and with Magnus Bane with him they're untouchable...if he's going to face the queen then I'm sure he needs me there to protect his family..."

"You guys are like parabatai..." Chris said in awe.

"No....We're Winchesters, and this is how we work," Derek said, smirking. He looked at the warlock, who still appeared confused.

"i know my brother He does not want to go to war; he wants his family to be safe...and believe me, he is my brother, and his family is mine as well... nothing will happen..." Derek said looking at the young warlock.

Max felt surprisingly calm while listening to the alpha. He nodded.

"Then we're coming with you," Max said.

"You'll but...you both will stay at the safe place..."

"Don't be such a sour wolf," Max said,and Derak rolled his eyes, frustrated.
.
.
Max Chris and Derak entered the Seelie world via a portal. Using their abilities, they can view the court from a distance. Max placed an invisibility spell on the trio and noticed Magnus and Alexander approaching the court.

"Just like i thought....Your brother and Leo aren't here; we need to find them quickly...You stay here and let me know if anything goes wrong.I'll go seek for them."

"I'm coming with you...Chris cannot be detected because of his invisibility rune. But I can sense mutants here...it's not going to be easy...I'll be helpful." Max stated.

"Absolutely not," Derek said.

"I'll follow you anyway," Max said in a careless tone, and the alpha rolled his eyes.

"Are you sure you're Alec's son..?you don't have any features of him" Derek asked.

"People says I took after my baba" Max said proudly.

"God save my brother" Derek mumbled.

"Stay beside me, don't act reckless," Derek urged as he headed towards the trees, searching for the scent of Leo.

"Sour wolf" Max mumbled and went behind Derek.