Chapter two. The scent/meeting the alpha

Peter was out in the woods in his alpha form, he had just killed his niece and became alpha. He was out in the woods, hunting/looking for something.

Since he had become alpha and shifted for the first time in six years, he couldn't control herself and needed to build a pack to avenge his family that was murdered by the Argents.

He was on the hunt for another werewolf, he had smelled their scent the night they were out there last and he wanted to find them.

No, he needed to find them because he was for sure they were his mate, especially since he only saw the wolf out in the woods when it was either a full moon or when he was out in the woods.

And tonight was no different, accept when he came across the scent again and followed it. Keeping his distance, watching as two teenagers and what looked like a young adult girl was walking with them.

He caught the faint scent that he had a couple of nights ago when he woke up from his coma, he kept a eye on the girl and followed the group.

He hid so none of them could see him, til he watched one of them fall into a ravine and saw the girl go over to help him up. He followed after them again, til he growled right behind them both seeing as to how it was just the two of them now because their other friend wasn't there.

Shauna and Scott turned around to see, a giant bestial wolf with glowing red eyes staring at them both.

Shauna unconsciously felt her eyes shifting to purple, stumbling back she felt a pull that she had felt for a long time appearing with the wolf's appearance. "It's you." She quietly let out, before watching as the wolf lunged at Scott and knocked him to the ground.

She couldn't do anything but watch, as the wolf dragged Scott by his ankles and bite his right hip. It took Scott's cry of pain, to snap her out of it and for her to snap out of it. "Leave him alone! Scott run!" She shouted towards her brother, who looked at her with panic as he scrambled away and ran desperately trying to get away, which left her with the wolf.

Shauna felt herself scramble backwards as she fell on her butt as how tall he stood, she didn't say anything as her heart raced and as she felt her eyes glowing purple still.

She swallowed thickly and closed her eyes, trying to calm down her breathing as she felt something touch her cheek. Making her open her eyes, to see the wolf gently stroking her cheek with the back of his giant wolf clawed fingers.

Peter had managed to trip the kid and bite him on his hip, before turning to look at the girl as she shouted the teenagers name, and told him to leave him alone.

Watching the teenager scramble away, he looked at the girl as he listened to her fast heartbeat and her uneven breathing, but what he noticed was that her eyes were glowing purple.

He gently reached out his clawed fingers to touch her cheek gently, he titled his head looking into her glowing beautiful purple wolf eyes.

She was definitely the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, he felt himself relaxing as she leaned against his clawed fingers. He gently pulled his hand back, before looking at her one last time as he disappeared into the night with a howl.

Leaving Shauna sitting there in shock and stunned, realizing that her mate was the reason her wolf was triggered and why she felt the need to go to the woods every night, standing up she bolted to go looking for Scott following his scent.

But she took a detour and caught a different scent, she shifted parsley and jumped out of a bush only to be knocked to the ground with a guy over top of her holding her neck with his claws against her throat. "Who are you and why are you out here?" He growled at her, showing his fangs and blue eyes.

"Shauna, I was out here with my brother. I spend most of my nights out here. I'm a werewolf like you." Shauna told him, not liking his claws being against her throat, but she shifted her face even more as it looked more wolf like as her fangs came out.

She watched as the guy got off her, letting her up she rubbed her throat as she saw the guy looking over at the dead upper part of the body. "Did you know her?" She asked him.

"I did. She was my sister, but you shouldn't be out here alone. It's not safe there, are hunters and a beast alpha on the lose. But you already knew that, didn't you?" The guy told her, as he covered up his sister with his jacket.

Shauna didn't know what to say, but he was right she did already know about the alpha. "I'm sorry for your loss, and your right I did know that." She told him, watching as he covered his sister up and carried her somewhere.

The guy picked up his sister, carrying her to a house that was burnt down in the woods. He heard footsteps behind him, as he carried his sister to the house.

"You never did tell me your name." Shauna told the guy, quietly but softly as she followed him to the burnt down house.

"Derek. My sisters name was Laura, you remind me a lot of her." Derek said, as he laid down her body and dug up a hole to put her in with wolves bane.