1|•𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄•

ANVESHA'S POV:

I entered inside my luxurious banglow and parked the car in the parking. All the way, I was wondering about many things which just included my professional stuffs. Being the top journalist of a top new channel isn't easy you know!

I took my bag and some other things which I bought while coming back from the departmental stores. After taking out the house-keys, I opened the door but found the lights switched off

I frowned. It couldn't be a power-cut since the lights outside were on. I wondered the reason. I switched on the lights only to get shocked the next second.

Everything was lying on the floor, broken. Seemed like a typhoon just arrived, destroyed and ended. The broken vase, fallen shoe rack and many other things. What made me more worried was the red mark on the white wall. On noticing it keenly, I realized it was nothing but blood. A loud gasp left my lips. The amount of terror I felt was indescribable.

'Dad!!' I screamed.

No response.

'Dad!! Where are you?'

Silence.

'Papaa!! Mujhe darr lag raha hai' I shouted as loudly I could.

Getting no response again, I gathered some courage and took small steps inside. The whole house was messed up.

I moved towards the dining room where there was a pool of blood. I moved my eyes a bit. The most shocking scene of my life awaited. I screamed till my throat was choked.

'PAPAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!'

Suddenly I woke up screaming with a hard jerk. I was shivering and sweating badly. I was immediately pulled in a warm comforting hug.

'Avi...kya hua betu? you were shivering while sleeping' he spoke.

'Papa...vo...vo khoon...' I murmured.

I wasn't in a state to differentiate between reality and a dream. But the most I knew, that the nightmare ended. I felt soft strokes on my head. I closed my eyes feeling frightened.

'Avi...it was just a dream...a bad dream...calm down betu' the perosn hugging me, spoke.

I turned my head upwards to see Vidhaan bhai looking at me with concern dripping out from his eyes.

'Bhaiya...vo...papa...' I tried to ask.

'Vo jahaan bhi hain...he is alright' I said softly.

And I bursted out hugging my brother tightly. I realized, once again, that my papa is no more with me, he left me in this world...alone! Since the day he died, I got numerous nightmares making me realize the absence of him from this world. I just want to go to him and hug him tightly. Only I knew how much I missed him, his voice, his warm embrace, everything. But....but nothing was in my hands.

I cried for a while and bhaiya was hugging me till I needed. After few minutes, he released me and wiped my tears and kissed my forehead softly.

'Bhaiya, why he left us? Why?? He knew I can't live without him! Still! Pehle mumma chali gayi or phir....' I coundn't speak as I choked on my tears.

'Shhhh...don't say like this Avi! You know na...chachu loves you the most in this world...phir vo tujhe chodkar kaise ja sakte hain? He is still with you and you know na he is watching you' he consoled me like a kid.

I nodded my head weakly and he gave a small smile.

'And you are not alone betu...mai hoon, bhai hain, mom dad...tere bade papa and badi mumma...hum sab hain na...I know you miss chachu but life cannot go on like this na...you have to move on from your grief. I am not telling you ki tu chachu ko bhool ja par do something jo unko apni beti par proud feel karwaye...you getting my point?' he asked cupping my cheeks.