22|•𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔•

Make sure you vote and comment.

'Thank you for planning this' I said, turning my head left to Avni as she sat in the passenger seat while I was driving

'Itna to mai kar hi sakti hun aapke liye' She spoke with a playful smile and I chuckled.

I was driving with my right hand while my left hand rested on her thigh as she played with my fingers. She had planned a dinner for us at our favorite restaurant and now, we were heading back home after a beautiful date night.

She made me overwhelmed with her gestures today. Although she never fails to make me feel like the luckiest man, the way she calmed me in the office, I am always grateful to her for that.

I always knew that if there would be a girl in my life, it would either be her or nobody else. I sometimes feel like I am living in a dream from which I never want to wake up.

Since she came into my life, it's as if everything before her was a blur. She consumes my thoughts entirely. I'm captivated by her presence, her voice, her scent-every little thing about her. Even during unimportant moments, like a boring meeting, my mind wanders back to my wife. She's become my addiction, and I can't get enough of her.

Without realizing it, I've developed a fear-a fear of losing her. My heart races with panic whenever she's out of sight even for a moment. It's as if she's woven herself so deeply into my being that I can't bear the thought of her slipping away. That's how thoroughly she's captured my heart.

Months back, when I got to know that she had lost every memory of me, my mind stopped as if my world had shattered. I became a living corpse, who neither wanted anything nor feared anything. I was just breathing but wasn't truly alive.

But I never forget to thank god that he made us for each other and my mother that she initiated the talk of our marriage. Now I feel, I would have died if she had married someone else. But god is not so cruel. It was our fate that brought us together.

We reached home in almost half an hour. Both of us were tired so we headed to our respective rooms.

This shit still hurts!

I went to my bathroom and took a warm shower to relax from whatever happened today. Some people are such a pain in the ass. I don't know what I would have done out of frustration if my wife wouldn't have come.

After coming out, I went to Avni's room to check on her once before I sleep, as this was my habit although she didn't know about this. Just a few more days Rudra, then you can sleep while having her in your arms! I thought.

I slowly opened the door, trying not to make any noise as I knew she might have already slept. Her room was dimly lit and a moon lamp was glowing on the table beside her.

Even the real moon is pale in front of my wife, this was just a lamp!

I went closer to her and arranged the duvet properly. Adjusting the temperature of the AC, I kept the book in her hand on the table beside the lamp. She has made a habit of reading something before bed and she often sleeps holding a book. I adjusted her pillow properly so that she wouldn't wake up with an ache in her neck. She literally sleeps like a baby!