24|•𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄•

Make sure you vote and comment.

A not-so-gentle ringing of my alarm broke my sleep, making me open my eyes

A not-so-gentle ringing of my alarm broke my sleep, making me open my eyes. I felt a weight on the left side of my chest and looked down my chin to have the most beautiful sight- my wife. She was still asleep, as it was only 6.30 am. Her shallow breaths were caressing my skin like feathers, giving a tingling sensation simultaneously.

Can I ask for anything more? Nope. This is what I have craved for- being with her with all peace and comfort. Ah! How much I want the time to stop.

I took a proper glance at her. She looked so damn adorable, being wrapped up in my embrace and the duvet. Her face showed the morning glow as if the sun casting its entire radiance on her. I kissed her forehead, taking a slow moment.

Caressing her face for a while, I captured the scene in my mind. A sudden shiver ran through her, probably due to the temperature. I covered her properly with the duvet and pulled her closer, closing the slight gap between us. She hid her face in my chest and I tightened my hold over her.

Delaying gym for half an hour isn't a bad idea.

Yeah.

I kept my chin on her head, properly cuddling with her. Pressing a kiss on her hair, I closed my eyes and fully immersed myself in the moment of closeness and peace.

~•|•~

After I woke up, I worked out for an hour at my home gym. Avni was tired yesterday as everybody was here for Mahashivratri and the long weekend. They left yesterday after the dinner. And today is Sunday, so I'll be at home, hence she didn't set an alarm. A proper sleep and meal routine will help her recover faster, as per the doctors.

I came out of the washroom, wiping my hair with the towel. Avni was sleeping soundly on the bed, wrapped in a blanket like a burrito.

Sleepyhead.

She sleeps a lot, but when she's sleeping she looks like a baby. I hung up the towel and walked towards her. I pressed a kiss on her cheek and forehead, then stood up and went to the small vanity corner of our room. I combed my damp hair a bit and applied a little bit of cream, whose name I don't know.

My wife literally makes me do skincare, can you believe it? Khud ki care hoti nahi mujhse, madam skincare karwa rahi hain! Chuckling at myself, I left the room.

'Good morning, baba' Kaka, the head of our househelps wished me as I came down.

'Good Morning, Kaka' I replied.

'Coffee la dun aapki?' he asked,

'Haan, la dijiye' I said and he went to the kitchen.

I sit on the couch and switch the TV on to get into the news. Since elections are around the corner, almost everything has been a matter to look after these days, especially the business sector.