27•|𝐉𝐀𝐁 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐓|•

Make sure you vote and comment.

Flashback continues...

'Thank you so much, Mr Mehra

'Thank you so much, Mr Mehra. It was so nice meeting you. Hope our youth takes inspiration from figures like you and contributes to the development of our country,'

The interviewer said and I smiled.

After the final formalities, it was over and I took a breath of relief. Being in front of the camera exhausted but being a public figure, I can't avoid it.

I arrived here, in Mumbai a couple of hours ago for this exclusive interview. I wouldn't have come all the way just for an interview. But it is Mumbai we are talking about. I never miss any chance of the few opportunities I get to step foot here. Just in the hope of getting a glance of hers!

I know I am thinking of too impossible, but, I can't help!

This air was new to me always, as I haven't been to Mumbai many times. But this time, it felt familiar, it gave my mind a sense of knowing.

Also, I decided to have a visit to the Mumbai branch of my family's company. I run my own which has a main branch in Delhi, and others in Bengaluru, and Kolkata as I started it only a few years ago. My family's company, started by my grandfather, had branches in almost every main city of India.

'I hope this wasn't disappointing for you, Mr Mehra' the chairman said.

We were now sitting in his cabin for the final formalities before I leave.

'It was fine, Mr Sehgal' I said in a formal tone.

As we were talking, there was a knock on the glass door behind me. I turned to see a young man standing there, and behind him was a girl whose face I couldn't see. But for some reason, my heart started racing upon seeing her.

'Come in,' Mr Sehgal said.

I felt both of them walking inside but none of us could see each other as the door faced my back.

'Yes, Dad' The man spoke.

'Mr Mehra,' Mr Sehgal addressed me and I shifted my attention to him, 'My son Abhay,' he said, pointing towards the man.

I stood up and forwarded my hand for a handshake, which he took with a polite smile.

'Rudraansh Mehra' I spoke.

'Abhay Sehgal' He introduced himself and I smiled a bit.

I still didn't see the face of that girl, but I was getting a very strong feeling of her presence. I just didn't want to move my gaze from nowhere particular to any direction as I didn't want my heart broken again, when I might not find her, like always.

'And, our young journalist,' Mr Sehgal spoke, pointing towards the girl who stood beside Abhay, away from my eyes.

She came forward and I saw her eyes. The same dark brown orbs, medium fair skin tone, long hair, and the prettiest smile.