Part 74

Me: Let's do it! *screams* Mandy! Aaaah, I really missed this

Mandy:*walks in* But I don't miss this. What do you want.

Me:*shows a dare*

Mandy: No, no definitely not. I have a girlfriend and I'm not going for a week date with him.

Me: You must. I'm not shorting it for you.

Mandy: I will hurt Mortis if you won't short it for today's night.

Me: What are you going to do to him?

Mandy: I bet he won't like when he'll be roped in the basement and being beaten up.

Me: Oh, you mean this. Okay, you don't have to date him for a week, this night will be enough.

Mandy: Amazing!

Me: But I choose the place.

Mandy:*slightly nervous* Okay.

Me: That nice cafeteria across the street. Where is a view on the graveyard.

Mandy: You mean that graveyard where Mortis works?

Me: Yes, hope he doesn't have a night shift.

Mandy: Yeah. *leaves*

-----------------------------------------------Mortis' mortuary----------------------------------------

Mandy:*knocks on the door* Hope he's home.

Mortis:*opens door to a small crack* Do you need something Mandy? 

Mandy:Why don't you open wider?

Moris:*looks around* I would rather not.

Mandy: Come on, what are you hiding?

Mortis: Can't you just say what do you need? I'm cooking and I don't want it to get burned.

Mandy: But that doesn't explains why don't you open the doors wider.

Mortis: Meh, fine. *opens doors and shows that he has black apron where is by red, thick caps lock embroidered: F#CK THE CHEF* Happy? *folds his arms over his chest and leans against the door frame* Now, what do you want.

Mandy: I just want to ask if you have night shift.

Mortis:*looks over shoulder and sniffs few times* No I don't *Looks again on Mandy and smiles* But I can take a night shift if you want.

Mandy: I would rather not.

Mortis: You have something important close to my work place, don't you?

Mandy: Maybe, but that's not your business!

Mortis: Maybe is.

Mandy:*looks behind him* I think your food is in fire, because it's smoking.

Mortis:*turns* Curvă. I need to check it. *starts walking away quickly*

Mandy:*grabs his hand* Not so fast. First promise that you won't take a night shift, so you can annoy me, okay?

Mortis:*his eyes turns red* You little! *takes a deep breath and his eyes changes back to yellow* Fine.

Mandy:*releases him* Good.

Mortis:*leaves to check the kitchen*

Mandy:*messages to Chester* Me and you, date, in Cozy time, 18:00, today's night.

---------------------------------------18:00 in Cozy time cafeteria--------------------------------------

Waiter: Hello, welcome to Cozy time. What can I get for you?

Mandy: Twice espresso, please.

Waiter: It will be right there. *leaves

Chester: So, why are we here? I know this is not a date, because you already have a girlfriend.

Mandy: Let's say it's date, but in platonic way, okay? So we can know each other better.

Chester: Okay, that's nice. This place is good, isn't it?

Mandy:*looks around* Yeah, it is. 

Waiter:*puts espresso in front of them* Here is your espresso. 

Jester: Thank you.

Mandy and Jester:*having a friendly talk*

-------------------------------------------------After 2 hours------------------------------------------

Mandy: Well, this wasn't so horrible as it could have been. You're not so bad Jester, maybe we can repeat this. But not like everyday! Only sometimes. Bye. *leaves*

Jester: Oh my God. She's starting to like me like her friend! *leaves happily*

-----Meanwhile in Mortis' mortuary-----
Mortis:*standing on kitchen unit and cleaning quietly ceiling from smoke and soot*

Emz:*watching him while washing a burned pan* What even happened here?

Mortis:*not even looking at her* Ask Mandy.

Emz:*gives up because she knows he won't talk to her now* Okay

--------------------------------------------------------------
Only 3 weeks to exams on high school. I'm nervous and I'm not sure if I can do it. I hope you have better time than me. Enjoy this chapter.