Chapter 16

Daniel reined his power back in, hiding his surprise. Now he understood Talia's fear. For her human roommate to know about werewolves was a death sentence to them both, unless Jenna was involved with werewolves and it was deemed necessary for her to know. Fortunately for Talia, Jenna had a werewolf mate.

Daniel stared at Talia quietly as she cowered on the ground. He had been so annoyed with her this week, at some points wanting to snap her pretty little neck, but she hadn't known the anguish she was causing him. She had been wrapped up with her own newly found mate unaware that she was keeping him from his.

"Talia, get up," he said hoarsely.

She slowly stood and sat back down in the seat, her body still shaking badly with fear.

"Why did you tell her?"

Talia explained quietly how Jenna had inadvertently come to know about werewolves, about how she'd helped Talia recover from the rogue attack, taking care of her friend.

As she talked, her voice became steadier and Daniel could see the love between the two friends. They were close, and Talia sharing her secret had probably brought them even closer.

"What else does she know?" Daniel asked curiously. In all reality, Talia may have done him a favor. Jenna was aware of werewolves and was okay living with one. She would probably be more accepting of him.

"She asked a lot of questions when we were alone," Talia said. Daniel had scared the crap out of her. She'd never felt that kind of power, but now he seemed rather calm. Maybe she'd get lucky, and he'd let her live. She had no idea why he was so interested in Jenna, but maybe that could be a good thing. "She knows about pack hierarchy, and what pack I was in, basic stuff mostly. Nothing too secret," Talia said.

"How long has she known?" Daniel asked her.

"Almost two years," Talia told him. At this point, there was no reason to hide anything. The cat was out of the bag, and there was no putting it back.

Daniel was quiet for several moments, pondering over Talia's words. "Did she know that you took her to a Werewolf club last Saturday?" He asked.

Talia blushed. "Yes. Sometimes I think she fantasized about being one. Since it was her last night here, I thought it would be fun to go. I went over a lot of rules with her, told her what to do if she felt threatened. She was reluctant at first, but she agreed. Jenna didn't go to a lot of clubs, and that was the only time she'd visited a werewolf club."

"Did she know I was a werewolf?"

"Yes, she knew. She suspected, and I told her when we went to the bathroom together that you weren't in my pack. She knew," Talia said quietly. She should have never taken Jenna to that club. Of all the werewolves in the world, the one who had taken an interest in her best friend, her HUMAN best friend, just happened to be the most powerful of them all. What were the odds?

Daniel breathed a small sigh of relief at this new information. She'd known and she'd still given herself to him. I'm all yours, Daniel. Always. Her words flooded his mind, Rafe showing him the memory. Then why had she left? Had she just said them in the heat of the moment?

'Mate loves us,' Rafe said confidently.

If only life were that simple. "Talia, this conversation is to never leave this room, do you understand?" He looked at her sharply.

Talia swallowed. "Yes Alpha."

"I will not tell your Alpha that you broke pack law, even if it was inadvertently," he watched her tense shoulders drop with relief. "In your case, it benefits me that Jenna knows about werewolves."