Chapter 8

A few hours later, someone was shaking Jenna awake. She opened her groggy, gritty eyes. Talia was leaning over her, motioning for her to get up. 

Jenna frowned and shook her head no. Was she insane?  It was barely even light out.  Talia frowned back and made the same gesture more dramatically. Jenna sighed and slipped out of the warm bed, glancing back at Daniel.  This was not a good idea.

Talia's gaze moved down Jenna's naked body and she raised her eyebrows. "Clothes?" She mouthed to Jenna, pointing to her own top. 

Jenna shrugged. In her half asleep state, she had no idea where her clothes were. All she wanted to do was crawl back in Daniel's warm bed and sleep for a few more hours.  Then maybe a repeat of last night, followed by a hot shower together, breakfast ... she started to sit back down on the bed but Talia grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

Talia gritted her teeth and sighed silently. She glanced around the room, then headed towards an open suitcase, grabbing a sweatshirt and boxers. She tossed the clothes at Jenna, then disappeared into the bathroom. 

Jenna frowned at Daniel's clothes. She was still so incredibly tired and out of it.  She knew she hadn't slept nearly long enough.  She could still feel the effects of the alcohol she'd consumed.

Talia reappeared a few seconds later with a pair of hotel slippers in her hand. She glared at a still naked Jenna. "Get dressed," she mouthed in exasperation, then tapped her wrist in annoyance.   

Jenna rolled her eyes and began to pull the clothes on.  Talia grabbed her hand the moment she was dressed and pulled her quickly out of the room. The rest of the suite was quiet and the girls slipped into the elevator.

Talia dropped the slippers in front of Jenna, who slipped her feet into them. "Why the rush?" she mumbled with a yawn. "I wasn't ready to leave yet."

Talia groaned. "I refused to sleep with the Beta. It was just getting awkward." She sighed, watching the numbers above the door as they descended back to the lobby. 

Jenna leaned back against the elevator wall and closed her eyes tiredly. 

The elevator door opened, and Talia grabbed her hand, pulling her out the door. She dragged Jenna across the lobby and out into the chilly early morning air. It was just starting to get light outside and the cold woke Jenna up a bit more. 

Talia hailed a cab. When one pulled up, she pushed Jenna inside, then crawled in after her, slamming the door behind herself. She gave the driver their address and they began the trip home. 

Jenna leaned her head back against the seat, moments from the previous night floating through her mind. She sighed as she remembered Daniel's hands on her body, his lips on her neck. The next thing she knew, Talia was shaking her awake. "Come on. We're home."

Jenna crawled out of the car after Talia and followed her into their building. They got in the elevator and Talia pushed the button for their floor. 

"I'm already sore," Jenna muttered, wincing as she leaned against the wall.

Talia glanced at her in surprise. "When was the last time you had sex?"

Jenna just gave her friend a small smile. 

Talia's mouth dropped open. "You gave your v-card to a Werewolf? You're ruined for all other men now. You know that, right?" 

Jenna just smiled again. She didn't care if Daniel had ruined her. She would cherish her night with him for the rest of her life.  Why had she let Taliah drag her out?  At the moment though, she was too tired and still a little too buzzed to care.  She'd confront her about it later.

The elevator doors opened and Jenna stepped off and headed quickly down the hall, Talia hot on her heels. All she wanted to do right now was crawl back in bed and dream about Daniel. She unlocked the door, and they both entered the apartment.

"What time are your brothers going to be here?" Talia asked, tossing her bag down before heading for the bathroom.

Oh yes.  She'd forgotten about them.  "Around 2. I'm going to bed," Jenna stifled a yawn as she followed Talia down the hall. 

"I might not be here when you get up. I'm going to sleep a few hours, then take a load of stuff to the pack apartment," Talia looked at herself in the mirror, before grabbing a cloth to wash off her face 

"Okay.  Good night, Talia."

"Night, Jenna."

Jenna closed her bedroom door. She slipped off Daniel's clothes, then crawled into bed. She was back asleep within minutes.