Chapter 20

Tyler walked back into Jenna's room the following evening. "Jenna?"

His sister was laying on her bed, a book over her chest, her eyes closed. She looked so peaceful, he hated to wake her, but he had important news. If he waited until morning, Jenna wouldn't be happy with him. He touched her arm and she jumped.

"Tyler?" Jenna sat up, rubbing her eyes. She hadn't meant to fall asleep but she'd been so tired today.

"Hey. I have your test results." He handed a piece of paper to her.

Jenna grabbed the paper from him, though deep in her heart, she already knew the answer. She looked it over.

Pregnant.

Her heart gave a little leap as she looked up at her brother. "Now what?"

"I got Dr. Gray from my clinic to take you on as a patient. He prescribed you some vitamins," Tyler handed her a white paper sack. "And you have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow at 5pm."

Jenna looked up at him, as tears ran down her cheeks. She was pregnant with Daniel's baby. A sob came out and she covered her mouth.

Tyler sat down on the bed and wrapped his arms around her. "Are you okay with this?"

She nodded. "Just shocked," she said. It made her miss Daniel even more. Why couldn't he be here to share this happy news with her? Would he even care?

"I'll leave work early and come pick you up for your appointment," he told her. "Are you going to be alright?"

She nodded, pulling herself from his arms. Tyler stood and left the room, and Jenna laid back on the bed, facing the window. She placed her hands over her little bump and sighed softly. How she wished she had a way to tell Daniel. How she wished she had a way to communicate with Talia. Would her baby still shift since it was half werewolf? She had no idea, and she realized she had no way of finding out. This was never something she and Talia had discussed.

Jenna did know that werewolves didn't shift for the first time until they were sixteen, so she had plenty of time to figure it out. Perhaps she could find a way to reconnect with Talia. She supposed now she had a reason to know about werewolves, but she would still keep Talia's secret.

She sighed. Being a single mom was a position she'd never imagined herself in. Especially to a baby that was half werewolf. If she somehow managed to run into Daniel again, would he even want to climb a child that wasn't from his mate? How would his mate feel about that? Thinking of Daniel's mate panged Jenna's heart, but she knew it was more of a reality than her being with him. If she was his mate.. she stopped that train of thought quickly and sighed again, brushing away tears that she hadn't even realized had fallen.  Now she at least knew why she was so emotional all the time.

Her family would support her, of that she had no doubt. They'd spoil her child rotten. She needed to just put Daniel in the back of her mind and focus on her baby.

***

The next afternoon, Jenna climbed into Tyler's truck to head to her appointment. Her brother kept up a constant flow of chatter, but Jenna tuned him out, and focused on trying to keep her thoughts off of Daniel.

They arrived at the clinic Tyler worked at and Jenna got out of the truck and followed her brother inside. She glanced around at the small clinic Tyler spent a great deal of his time at. It was the only one in their tiny town, and served the entire community. A large hospital was located in the nearest city, about a half hour away.

The clinic was closed and Dr. Gray had agreed to see her after hours once he'd seen Jenna's results and Tyler told him she hadn't seen a doctor yet.

Jenna followed Tyler into an office where Dr. Gray was waiting for them. Her eyes widened a bit as she stared at the young doctor. He was gorgeous with brown hair, blue eyes and he was very well built. His chest was wide, his arms very muscular, and he reminded Jenna of a werewolf. If she was with Talia, she'd send the signal asking for confirmation.

"Dr. Gray, this is my sister, Jenna," Tyler said by way of introduction.

Dr. Gray stood, smiled at her, and shook her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Browning"

She smiled at him as well. No tingles, she noted. Maybe not a Werewolf? "Just Jenna. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice."

The doctor looked at Tyler. "You want to take her to Exam Room One and let her change? I'll be there shortly."

Tyler nodded and led Jenna to the Exam room. He left her alone, giving her some privacy. She changed into the hospital gown that had been left on a chair for her, then settled down on the table, her hands trailing down to her little bump.

There was a knock at the door, and Dr. Gray walked in. "Are you ready to see your baby?"

"Yes," Jenna smiled, excitement coursing through her. 

"Would you like Tyler to come in?" Dr. Gray asked with a small smile.

Jenna reached up to the mark on her neck and carefully pulled her hair over it. "Sure, that would be fine." She'd tried her hardest at first to keep her mark covered around Tyler but there were times she knew he'd seen it. His eyes would flick down to it, though he never said a word.  She'd pretty much given up over the summer. After spending so much time on the lake, Jenna had developed a golden tan and the mark stuck out like a white beacon.

Tyler walked in a moment later and walked over to Jenna.  He waited quietly as Dr. Gray prepped Jenna's belly.

A few moments later, her baby was visible on the screen. Jenna stared at the tiny thing in awe.

"Do you want to know what the sex is?" Dr. Gray asked.

"You can tell already?" Jenna looked at him in surprise.

He smiled and nodded.

"Then yes." This was even more exciting than she thought it would be.

"It's a girl," he said after a moment, looking back at Jenna.

Jenna felt her heart leap with joy. She was having a girl. Daniel's baby was a girl. She smiled at him, pleased. Then glanced at her brother, surprised to see tears running down his cheeks. He rubbed them away and gave her a huge grin. "Can you print out some pictures, Doc, so she can share them with the family?"

"Of course," Dr. Gray responded and turned his attention back to the machine. He printed out a few pictures of the baby and gave them to Jenna.

"I'm going to have Tyler draw some more blood and then you'll be good to go. I want to see you back in a month," Dr. Gray slipped his gloves off and stood.

"Okay. Thank you, Dr. Gray." Jenna smiled at him.

"You're welcome, Jenna," he said, before he and Tyler left the room.