Chapter 33

Jenna stared at Daniel's retreating form in shock. Had he actually just asked her to call him? With his girlfriend sitting across the room waiting for him? She shook her head, and stuffed the card slip in her apron pocket before heading into the back. His table had drained her, emotionally and physically.

"Jenna!"

She turned to see Tammy hurrying over to her.

"I know you're supposed to close tonight, but I will do it for you. Get your work done, and get out of here. I saw how those men ran you. I think you wore a path to their table. Go home and hold that sweet baby of yours," Tammy said, rubbing Jenna's arm.

Normally, she wouldn't dream of it, but she really was exhausted and needed some time to think. "Thank you, Tammy. I'll return the favor sometime."

"No worries, Dear. Daniel is usually a pretty easy table." Tammy picked up her tray and headed out of the kitchen.

Jenna scoffed. I hope I never have to wait on him and his girlfriend again. She placed a pile of napkins on the counter. She had silverware to roll up before she could leave. It was a mindless job and gave her some time to think.

Knowing Daniel came in here on a regular basis had her thinking about their daughter. She didn't want to, but she probably should tell him about Noelle. Not that she wanted child support or anything, but he did deserve to know. If she could ever catch him here alone, perhaps she would tell him then.  She wished she knew how werewolves felt about children born out of the mate bond. She sighted and picked up her speed. The sooner she got her silverware rolled, the sooner she could go home.

***

Jason climbed into his rental, along with his warrior, and nodded at him to drive. Then he mind linked his Beta, Leon.

There's a girl on the inside of the diner, a server named Jenna. I want you to send two of the warriors there.  Have them stay until she leaves, then follow her and find out where she lives. Stay on her until I say otherwise. I want to know everywhere she goes, who she's with, anything they think is important.

Yes Alpha, Leon responded.

Jason smiled to himself. He loved when things went better than he'd expected. He'd learned quite a bit tonight and he was pleased with how things were going.

Jason had always been ambitious, and he would do whatever was needed to get what he wanted. He had wanted the Alpha position of his current pack, so he'd taken out the Alpha two years ago. He'd been challenged five times since then, and had easily won each match. Jason fought to the death.

Now his sights were set on the Alpha King's throne. He'd been quietly observing the Alpha King, and he quite frankly thought that Daniel was weak. He had to admit, most of his dealings with the pack had been with Charity, which annoyed him to no end. He had hoped that Charity would accept his offer. He wanted to possess her, especially since she hadn't seemed phased by him dominating her. He wanted her to fear him.

He also knew that having Charity would get him closer to the King. Once he'd studied him, and knew his weaknesses, he could run a coup d'é·tat. It was a decent plan, except that Charity was being difficult. Not that he minded. He enjoyed the chase. He wasn't disappointed when she'd still refused after he had made an offer on the land she was trying to purchase. He knew this was her project, but it still didn't seem close enough to her heart to make her want to give in.

Which was why Jason needed to find something that would. The waitress was of interest to him. He'd noticed the way that Daniel had watched her. That was the reason he'd purposely been so annoying, because he knew it was making the Alpha King angry, and Jason wanted to know why. He also knew he might be grasping at straws, but he wasn't about to waste the opportunity while he was in town.