Chapter 12

Earlier that day...

'WAKE UP!'

Daniel Remington's eyes snapped open and he rolled over onto his back with a slight groan. He had drunk way too much last night.

'It's about time. Been trying to wake you for the last several hours. Next time, don't drink so much. This building could have come down, and you'd still be sleeping. Some king you are.'

Daniel threw his arm over his eyes to block out the light. 'What time is it?' he asked his wolf, Rafe.

'Time you got up," Rafe retorted with annoyance. 'Thought you were going to sleep the day away. It's almost two in the afternoon.'

Memories from the previous night flooded Daniel's brain and he groaned again. Jenna. After so many years of searching, he'd finally found his mate, his Luna, his Queen.

'She's perfect.' Rafe murmured happily, as he pushed images of Jenna through Daniel's foggy mind.

He'd been drunk. He'd been mostly drunk before he'd arrived at the club and had sealed the deal with the few shots he'd consumed when he'd gotten there.

Had he mated with her last night? He rolled over to her side of the bed and found it empty.

'And this is why I've been trying to wake you' Rafe said sarcastically, frustration clear in his voice.

Daniel got up off the bed and glanced in the bathroom. He opened up his bedroom door and took a quick trip around the penthouse suite. While her scent still lingered faintly, Jenna most definitely was not there.

Daniel walked back into the bedroom. Her scent was the strongest in here, but it was fading fast.

'You're wasting your time. She's not here.' Rafe rolled his eyes. 'I've been trying to tell you this the whole time. But do you listen to me? Nooooo.'

He spotted her dress near the door and picked it up. Her scent permeated the air and he breathed it in. But if her clothes were here, where was she? 'Where did she go?'

'She left with the she-wolf. Early this morning. I tried waking you then,' Rafe huffed. 'So you could stop her, or go after her. But it was like trying to wake the dead, and now she's long gone.'

Daniel walked back into the hotel room, and placed the dress down on the bed. His eyes caught a small spot of blood on the sheets and he frowned, as Rafe pushed more memories to the surface.. the way he had slowly entered her, trying not to hurt her. She'd seemed okay with it, but his mate had definitely been a virgin, and that pleased both of them to no end.

'Told ya she was perfect,' Rafe said smugly. He'd barely kept still at the club the night before, he'd been so excited to find her.

Daniel walked over to his suitcase and grabbed some boxers and a t-shirt. His favorite hoodie was gone. He looked around the room again.

'Mate wore it out of here,' Rafe said happily. 'Mate left with that other she-wolf.'

'Maybe we need to question the Beta then. He seemed to know her pretty well,' Daniel responded as he rubbed his neck. He dressed quickly and left the room. then pushed open the door to the room where Beta Chris was sleeping. "Chris," he said loudly as he walked in.

The Beta sat up, and rubbed at his eyes. There were only a handful of people who could get away with waking him up. Daniel Remington was on that short list and he didn't look happy. Chris cringed, and bowed his head. "Alpha?"