Chapter 36

"Jenna! You remember Daniel."

Jenna looked up in shock. There he was. The man who had invaded her thoughts and dreams for over a year was standing in Talia's living room, and there was no doubt from the look on his face that he hadn't forgotten her. Had Ben spoken to him?

"Hi," he said, shoving his hands back in his pockets.

"Hi," she somehow managed to reply, before glancing at Talia, with raised eyebrows. What was going on here?

"It's a long story. Daniel tracked me down to find you and we have become friends," Talia said, picking up a fussy Matthew. "Be right back." She hurried out of the room, leaving the two of them alone.

Daniel slowly approached her, drinking in the sight of her. "Jenna, I'm sorry."

It wasn't what she'd expected for him to say. "For?"

"The other night at the diner. I recognized you immediately. Actually, I caught your scent the moment I walked in. I couldn't wait to lay eyes on you. But the men I was with would like nothing better than to find any type of weakness, and I couldn't risk your safety. I'm also terribly sorry for the way they treated you, but you handled it so well." He flashed her a sad smile.

He was still as handsome as ever, and she watched his eyes briefly glow blue. She drank the sight of him in, looking over his handsome face. She remembered the feel of his lips on hers, his hands on her body.

You're mine, Jenna.

Had he really meant that? She was about to find out.

"The woman I was with the other night, that's my sister, Charity. There's been no one since you. I never forgot you. Honestly, I couldn't get you out of my mind."

Her heart melted at his words as she searched his face. He never looked away, never dropped as gaze. He just stared at her with such intensity, she herself couldn't look away.

"How have you been, Jenna?" he asked and sat down next to her on the couch.

She felt the warmth from his body drawing her in. "I'm alright. How are you?"

Daniel could feel her apprehension and nervousness. "I've been good." She was so beautiful, even more than he remembered.

Jenna wanted nothing more than to throw herself at Daniel. I'm yours. She felt him take her hand, and the sparks and tingles shot through her body, instantly creating a fire within her.

Then, he kissed her.

Her head spun in excitement. After over a year, she was finally back in his arms. His lips were soft and they prodded gently, and Jenna responded, opening her mouth to him. She let him kiss for about 20 seconds, before she reached up and wrapped her arms around him, kissing him with the amount of sorrow and longing she'd felt for the last year.

The next thing she knew, she was in his lap, one hand rubbing her back, while the other gripped her thigh. He nuzzled into her neck and she felt him nip slightly at the spot where he had marked her. Desire shot through her and she moaned, and his mouth came back up and covered hers.

"Jenna," he whispered hoarsely, as he trailed kisses across her jaw. "I've missed you so much."

"Me too," she whispered back breathlessly. "I'm so sorry I left."

Daniel lifted his head and looked at her. She was so beautiful, her brown hair tumbling around her face in disarray, her lips swollen from his kisses. "No, no, it's okay." Nothing else mattered now that he was with her. He kissed her again. She felt so good in his arms, and he just wanted to make up for lost time.